KFUPM currently offers 32 Master Programs and 11 Doctorate Programs in 27
We welcome outstanding and talented prospective graduate students from around
the nation and the world to apply for Graduate Studies. Besides national
students, KFUPM currently has international graduate students from 28 different
nationalities. This adds to the richness & diversity of the academic and
research environment at KFUPM.
The University currently offers 32 Master programs and 11 Doctoral programs in a
full range of traditional disciplines, as well as interdisciplinary programs
that anticipate market trends and respond to national needs. KFUPM provides
full MS and PhD scholarships for distinguished graduate applicants who
demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of
Engineering, Sciences and Business.
All graduate admissions are administered by the Deanship of Graduate Studies
(DGS). Candidates who intend to enroll in graduate programs at the University
need to submit an online application available on the website of DGS on the link
http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/preonline.aspx . The online
application is available only during the application periods according to the
posted application deadlines on the link
http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/deadlines.aspx . The graduate admission is
open twice a year for the two semesters: The Fall Term (usually starting in
September) and the Spring Term (usually starting in February). After submission
of the online application, mandatory documents need to be
uploaded through the Upload System using the same Login ID and PIN created for
the online application using this link:
01. Copy of identification (National ID for Saudi nationals / Passport for
international applicants / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
02. Complete official transcripts for BS degree and MS degree (if applying to
03. Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research
04. Recommendation Letters from 3 Professors through the online recommendation
system after submitting the online application.
05. GMAT scores for MBA program (for international applicants).
01. Certificates for BS degree and MS degree (if applying to PhD).
02. TOEFL score (min. is 68 iBT for MS and 79 iBT for PhD).
03. Acceptable GRE General score (min. Quant. is 700, min. Analytical is 3.0).
04. Upon approval, original/certified copies of degree certificate(s) and
transcript(s) are to be sent through postal mail.
The online application is available only during the application periods
according to the posted application deadlines on the link
KFUPM has very strong collaborative partnership on conducting innovative
research with the following international institutions:
MIT: Clean Water and Clean Energy research.
Stanford: Oil and Gas research.
California Institute of Technology (Caltech): Refining and
Technical University of Munich: Refining and Petrochemicals
Cambridge University: Oil and Gas research.
KAUST: Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences.
Saudi Aramco (the largest oil company worldwide): Many research
SABIC (one of the petrochemical companies worldwide): Refining,
Petrochemical and Polymers research. Many other world-class universities and
industries on different research fields.
To provide extreme support for research in areas of excellence, KFUPM
has established the following Centers for Research Excellence:·
KFUPM-MIT Collaboration Center on Clean Water and Clean Energy (http://ccwce.mit.edu/).
01. National Center of Research Excellence on Nanotechnology (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/cent/).
02. National Center of Research Excellence on Renewable Energy (http://corere.kfupm.edu.sa/).
03. National Center of Research Excellence on Refining and Petrochemicals (http://core-prp.kfupm.edu.sa/).
04. National Center of Research Excellence on Corrosion (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/corec).
05. Center in Development on Transformative Research in Petrochemicals and
06. Center of Excellence on Maintenance (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/ceim/).
07. Center of Excellence on Supply Chain Management (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/cescm/).
08. National Technology Innovation Center on Carbon Capture.
Two types of assistantships are offered to enrolled Master students:
01. Graduate Assistantship: Open to exceptional Saudi Graduate
Assistants continuing MS degrees at KFUPM, who display outstanding performance
in their Bachelor education.
02. Research Assistantship: Open to national and international
Master students, whose performance is exceptional in their Bachelor education.
01. Lecturer: Open to exceptional Saudi Lecturers continuing
Ph.D. degrees at KFUPM, who perform excellent in their Bachelor & Master
0.2 Lecturer-B: Open to national and international exceptional
Ph.D. students, whose performance is exceptional in their Bachelor & Master
Like most reputed international universities, KFUPM also offers this flexible
opportunity to working individuals who are interested to pursue higher studies.
Such students are charged a modest tuition fee. This prospect is limited to the
nationals and residents of the Kingdom.
If there are any questions or further clarifications are required, please
feel free to contact the Deanship of Graduate Studies at:
2018 © King Fahd University of Petroleum & MineralsAll rights reserved