WELCOME TO CENT
Center of Research Excellence in Nanotechnology (CENT) will be the platform through which King Fahd University o f Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) shall develop a Nanotechnology Program that enables its scientists and faculty members to carry out world-class Nanoscience and Nanotechnology based research in areas of strategic importance for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), and support the same through teaching at KFUPM.
CENT shall be an internationally recognized leading research center that develops innovative research and cutting edge knowledge in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
CENT will be the platform through which KFUPM shall develop a Nanotechnology program that enables its scientists and faculty members to carry out world-class Nanoscience and Nanotechnology based research in areas of strategic importance for the Kingdom and support the same through teaching at KFUPM.
- To build up a world class human resources research capacity including highly qualified scientists and staff and trained graduate students in the field of Nanomaterials synthesis and their characterization & applications.
- To develop a research infrastructure including state of the art facilities that enables the center to achieve its goals.
- To develop innovative Nanotechnology-based solutions in strategic areas for the Kingdom related mainly to petroleum and petrochemical industries.
- To establish industrial partnerships with relevant compa nies and entrepreneurship as a step toward commercialization, in coordination with DTV.
- To contribute to the development of teaching graduate programs and training students in the field of Nanotechnology.
- To promote public awareness regarding the benefits and the risks of Nanotechnology.