CENT has received "Redox Flow Cell Test System" for flow cell research & development. The system is designed for the electrochemical evaluation of electrodes, electrolytes and membranes for liquid flow batteries, vanadium redox flow battery for instance.
The purchase of this Redox System is part of an effort CENT focuses on which includes developing nanoengineered electrodes, high-energy density electrolytes, nanomaterial-based membranes for the improvement on state-of-the art liquid flow batteries. This research is extremely relevant to the Kingdom's Vision 2030, which envisions increasing the reliable transmission and storage of renewable energy.
It has unique features as follows;
- 20 A current range, multi-range potentiostat for high accuracy.
- ± 5 V operation for non-aqueous electrolytes.
- Whole and half-cell voltage, electrochemical impedance (EIS) and high-frequency resistance measurement.
- Impedance analyzer for EIS and HFR measurements during charge, discharge and at OCV.
- State-of-charge (SOC) voltage inputs for DC SOC measurement when used with SOC cell.
- Rigorous electrochemical evaluation of electrodes, electrolytes and membranes for aqueous as well as non-aqueous media.
- Electrolyte reservoir stirring.