Materials Science and Engineering Department
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering was established in 2021. Materials Science and Engineering is the study of characteristics and uses of various materials, such as metals, ceramics, and plastics, that are employed in science and technology. The department offers a graduate and an undergraduate program that has been designed to cope with the modern trends and developments in the area of Material Science & Engineering and provide the student with an opportunity to expand and broaden his knowledge.
- Graduate the students with strong foundation and necessary knowledge in Materials Science and Engineering.
- Provide supporting materials and service courses for the students of other disciplines in the College of Chemical and Materials and the College of Engineering and Physics.
- Establish scientific and research environment and platform to effectively contribute towards advancing and best utilization of materials globally and to play a major role in the localization of a wide range of industries related to materials.
- Contribute to the localization of a wide range of industries related to materials.
- Promote community service.
Areas of Specialization
Materials synthesis, processing, and characterizations Including polymers, metals, ceramics, composites, and nanomaterials
Materials properties/ behaviors
Materials failure/ corrosion