Applications for Spring Semester 2018-2019
Before you proceed with the online application, it is strongly recommended that you read very carefully the guidelines
mentioned in the forthcoming pages and follow their sequence:
- KFUPM will start accepting applications from Female Applicants (Saudi and Residents only) from 23 January 2019. The applications will be considered for Fall 2019-20 intake which will start in September 2019.
- TOEFL is a mandatory requirement for admission at KFUPM. Online applications may be submitted without TOEFL but final admission shall not be granted without TOEFL (or equivalent).
- There are compatibility issues in the online application with Internet Explorer 11. We recommend that you use Google Chrome OR Mozilla Firefox.
- Deadline for submitting an online application is Sep. 26, 2018.
- Deadline for uploading mandatory documents is Sep. 26, 2018.
- Deadline for recommendation letters to be received via the online recommendation system is Oct. 03, 2018.
· ستبدأ الجامعة بإستقبال طلبات الالتحاق من المتقدمات (المواطنات و المقيمات فقط) اعتبارًا من 23 يناير 2019. علما بأن الدراسة ستبدأ في الفصل الدراسي الأول من العام 2019-2020 وذلك في شهر سبتمبر 2019.
· اختبار TOEFL هو شرط إلزامي للقبول في جامعة الملك فهد للبترول و المعادن. لكن يمكنك تسليم طلب الالتحاق الالي بدون درجة اختبار(TOEFL) على أن يتم القبول النهائي بعد تسليم درجة مقبولة لاختبار(TOEFL) او ما يعادله.
· هنالك مشاكل توافق في الطلب الالكتروني مع متصفح انترنت اكسبلورر 11. نوصي باستخدام قوقل كروم او موزيلا فيرفوكس.
· اخرموعد لتسليم الطلب الالكتروني هو 26 سبتمبر 2018.
· اخر موعد لتحميل الوثائق المطلوبة هو 26 سبتمبر 2018.
. اخر موعد لاستقبال رسائل التوصية عن طريق نظام رسائل التوصية هو3 أكتوبر2018 .
- 7. FAQ
FAQs During Online Admissions
Question1: What are the deadlines for online application?
Answer 1: For submitting a complete online application- Sep. 26, 2018.
For submitting mandatory documents - Sep. 26, 2018
Question2: What are the mandatory documents for online application?
Answer 2: (1) Complete Transcripts (2) 3 Recommendation Letters from Academic Referees (3) Statement of Purpose (4)
Question3: What is exactly meant by 'complete transcripts'?
Answer 3: A transcript is an official document from a university which clearly mentions the names and grades of the various
courses /subjects taken by you during your study.
For Ph.D. – MS and BS transcripts are required
For MS – BS transcripts are required
Question4: How do I submit Recommendation Letters?
Answer 4: In the online application, you should enter names and email addresses of 3 academic referees in section “Employment & Recommenders Info”. After you complete the application, an email will be sent to your referee inviting him/her to submit an online recommendation letter for you.
Question5: What is a statement of Purpose?
Answer 5: It is usually a one-page essay focusing on your academic and research goals.
Question6: What do you mean by Identification?
Answer 6: For International Applicants – PASSPORT, For Saudi Nationals – National ID card, For Residents of Saudi Arabia - Iqama (Resident Permit)
Question7: How do I apply online?
Answer 7: Please check our website www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/
Question8: How do I upload documents?
Answer 8: The link is provided in the email when you submit the online application. For your information it is http://adgs.kfupm.edu.sa
Question9: I entered the wrong email for the recommender, how do I correct?
Answer 9: Please send an email to email@example.com and inform them the correct email address with a quotation of your login ID.
Question10: I upload a wrong document. How do I delete it?
Answer 10: You do not have an option to delete a document. You need to send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask them to ignore that wrong document with a quotation of your login ID.
Question11: I get a message "ID record locked due to excessive invalid login attempts." What do I do now?
Answer 11: You need to send email to email@example.com using the same email you used to create your online application and inform about this problem with a quotation of your login ID. They will open it for you.
Question12: One of my recommenders did not receive the request to fill the online recommendation form. What to do for this?
Answer 12: Please send this request to firstname.lastname@example.org using the same email you used to create your online application and inform about this problem with a quotation of your login ID.
Question13: I don't have TOEFL /GRE/GMAT. Can I apply without them? Are the mandatory?
Answer 13: Yes, you may submit your online application without these test scores. But we can ask for these documents at any point during your application process.
Please note for International applicants for MBA – GMAT is a must along with the online application.
Question14: When will I know the results for my application? How will you inform me about it?
Answer 14: The results will be announced in the last week of December. You can check it online and also you will be notified via email.
Question15: I want to know whether you have received my recommendations.
Answer 15: You can check yourself in the upload system
Question16: Can I nominate my work supervisors/ colleagues as my recommenders/ referees?
Answer 16: No, only academic referees should be nominated.