Saudi graduate students with a GPA of 3.00 and above on a scale of 4.00 can be admitted as Scholarship MS or Ph.D. students. Similarly, Research Assistantships are available for all outstanding graduate students who demonstrate exceptional qualifications and performance. Research Assistants are expected to spend up to 50% of their time supporting teaching and research activities of the university, with the other 50% devoted to their respective graduate programs. They receive the following benefits:
- Free tuition.
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- Free furnished air-conditioned bachelor housing.
- Essential medical care.
- Free textbooks.
- Subsidized meals in the University cafeteria.
- A chance to participate along with the University faculty in the Research and Book writing
- Projects funded by the University.
- A prepaid air passage for initial travel to Dammam at the start of the contract, and a return ticket after the completion of the Degree for international students.
Other benefits are also available in accordance with University policy.