The Graduate Council is a body serving as the executive committee for the graduate faculty to set policies and processes of graduate education at KFUPM.
The Graduate Council consists of the following members:
- Dean of Graduate Studies (Council Chairman)
- Dean of Scientific Research (Member)
- Deputy Dean of Graduate Studies (Secretary General)
- A faculty member from each college offering Graduate Programs.
Duties of the Graduate Council are to:
- Serve as the executive committee for the graduate faculty and programs
- Initiate and implement new Graduate Studies policies, revise existing policies, and act upon any questions affecting those policies.
- Establish and publish rules governing graduate programs, including the revision and updating of the Graduate Bulletin in accordance with approved policy changes.
- Evaluate, review and recommend to the University Board proposals for new or revised graduate curricula or programs.
- Recommend actions regarding graduate students under academic warning.
- Approve, modify, or reverse actions taken by its committees.
- Foster the relationship between graduate education and scholarly research.
- Assist and advise the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Participate in grievance procedures and disciplinary matters at the request of the Dean of Graduate Studies.