All Documents should be submitted via the upload system only in PDF format, except the recommendation letters which should be submitted by the academic referees themselves via the online recommendation system.
All these documents need to be submitted before the deadline set for uploading documents and recommendation letters. Please refer to the online admission tutorial
or the admission deadlines
for more information.
Along with the complete online application, make sure the following documents are submitted through the upload system before the deadline
1. Complete Transcripts [Mandatory for application processing]
Ph.D. applicants should upload complete and official transcripts for both the Bachelor and Master degrees.
Master Applicants should upload a complete and official transcript for the Bachelor degree.
Transcripts should be in English only. Other language transcripts should be translated into English by a certified translator.
Only University-level transcripts are required and not the high school ones.
Once an applicant is approved for graduate studies, he should send hardcopy official transcripts through postal mail. The postal address can be taken from the contact information
2. Statement of Purpose [Mandatory for application processing]
A one-page essay outlining your previous research and/or practical experience, why did you choose KFUPM for graduate studies, and your intended academic and research interests in your graduate program at KFUPM
3. Identification [Mandatory for application processing]
Saudi Citizens: National Identification Card
Residents of Saudi Arabia with a residence permit: Iqama
International Applicants: Passport
4. Three Recommendation Letters [Mandatory for application processing]
In the online application, the section "Employment & Recommendation Info" requires an applicant to provide names and emails of three academic referees. These academic referees will be contacted by KFUPM to submit an online recommendation letter via a standard web browser before the deadline
. This deadline will be informed to the applicant as well as the recommender.
5. Color Photograph with White Background
Applicants need to upload in PDF format with following requirements
- Color Picture
- Passport Size
- Front Facing
- White Background
- Professionally taken
6. Degree Certificates
Applicants who have completed their respective programs at the time of application should upload the official degree certificate(s).
Ph.D. applicants should upload official certificates of both the Bachelor and Master degrees.
Once an applicant is approved for admission, final admission will not be granted unless he provides authentic copies of his degree certificate(s) via post mail
7. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Applicants are encouraged to upload TOEFL score sheet along with the application documents.
In case of unavailability of TOEFL, the application can be submitted without it. However, it is mandatory to be produced before final admission for all applicants.
TOEFL is waived for certain category of applicants. To know more details, please visit our FAQ
- Minimum Score required from Ph.D. applicants: 79 / 120 [iBT]
- Minimum Score required from Master applicants: 68 / 120 [iBT]
8. GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- GRE is required for all applicants applying to graduate programs in Engineering or Sciences.
- Applicants are encouraged to upload their GRE score sheet along with the application documents.
- In case of unavailability of GRE, the application can be submitted without it. However, it is mandatory to be produced before final admission for all applicants.
- GRE is waived for certain category of applicants. To know more details, please visit our FAQ section.
9. GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- GMAT is required for all applicants applying to graduate programs in Business.
- International applicants must submit GMAT score sheet at the time of application. International applications without a GMAT score will not be evaluated.
- Local applicants are encouraged to upload their GMAT score sheet along with the application documents.
- In case of unavailability of GMAT, the application can be submitted without it. However, it is mandatory to be produced before final admission.
- Please note that our University Code for GRE, TOEFL, and GMAT is 0868.
- Please note that the minimum required qualification to apply at KFUPM should be BS= (12+4) years.