Sign In

 FAQ (Withdrawal)


What is the Withdrawal?

A: The University uses the term "withdrawn" to formally indicate that a student has dropped or is going to drop all courses for a given term. Withdrawing from the university differs from dropping one or several courses within a given term, because as long as a student retains at least one course of non-zero credit hours, he is still considered to be registered for that term.  

Whose responsibility is it to withdraw from a course?

A: It is the responsibility of the student to officially withdraw from a course to avoid getting a DN grade in that course.

From where can the Withdrawal form be obtained?

A: The withdrawal form can be obtained from the department.The form has three copies one for the Registrar Office (white), one for the student (green) and one for the Deanship of Graduate Studies (yellow). 

Note: Withdrawal forms are needed only for full-time students including FTs, RAs & LBs. Part-time students can withdraw from one course or all courses online through Registrar tab in student's portal, according to the deadlines announced on the Registrar website.

Once the Withdrawal form is completed and signed by the instructor and the student, what happens to the form?

 A: The form is to be approved by the course instructor, Department Chairman and the College Dean only to be hand carried by the student himself to the Deanship of Graduate studies to be approved by the Dean of Graduate Studies. Then the form is again hand-carried by the student to the Registrar Office for the final action. The Registrar Office shall maintain the white copy for its record and hand over the green copy and yellow copy to the student after attestation.

What about the remaining copies?

A: The student then should submit the yellow copy to the Deanship of Graduate Studies to be kept in the student file and the green copy to be maintained by the student for his own record.

Should the remaining copies be personally delivered by the Student?

A: YES. The student should personally deliver the remaining forms to the front desk at the Deanship of Graduate Studies. 

                                                                                                                                                   Back to top 

What is the concept of Warnings, Probations, and Dismissals?

A: The academic performance of every graduate student is evaluated by the Graduate Council after every semester and letters of warnings, probations


dismissals are issued to such students. Probation is the lowest level of warning whereas, Warning and Severe Warning are of more severe level respectively. The student will be dismissed from the graduate program in case of either bad or consistent unsatisfactory performance.

What should I do if I get any of Warning, Probation or Dismissal letters?

A: Severe Warning means last chance of improvement, for if a student gets a Sever Warning letter, he must improve his academic performance. Warning and Probation letter should also not be taken for granted. Every student who receives any of those should work hard to improve his academic performance. Such students, who received Warning, Probation or Dismissal letters are also recommended to discuss and seek guidance from their Departments' Graduate Coordinators and the Dean of Graduate Studies. If a student gets a Dismissal letter he has the following options:

  1. Apply for readmission with a very strong and real justification for his poor performance. This request, after the approval of the Department and College Councils, will be evaluated by the Graduate Council for a final decision.
  2. Accept the facts and try something else.