Degree Plan for M.Sc. in Material Science & Engineering
- Each student is expected to submit his detailed degree plan according to the above generic
degree plan for approval by the Department and the Deanship of Graduate Studies by the
middle of the second semester from enrollment.
- Students are required to adhere to the regulations of the degree plan. No relaxation will be
given to any student and the courses taken in conflict of the above will not be counted towards
- The order of taking the courses can be different from above but students must take the core
courses before electives.
- The Elective (XX xxx) courses can be chosen from any of the program major fields.
- Only one 400-level course from the program major fields can be taken from the approved
courses in the Materials Science and Engineering Program.
- The Free Elective course (XX5xx) can be taken from outside the approved courses in the
Materials Science and Engineering Program.