The undergraduate program “Architectural Engineering, BS” in the Department of
Architectural Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET,
KING FAHD UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM AND MINERALS Dhahran, SA
ARCHITECTURAL ENGINEERING, BS
Accredited : 10/01/2008-Present
Accredited Location : Main Campus
Date of Next Comprehensive Review : 2021-2022
Accredited By : Engineering Accreditation Commission
Criteria : Architectural Engineering
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) are broad statements that describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years of graduation. Program educational objectives are based on the needs of the program's constituencies.
The undergraduate program in Architectural Engineering is designed to graduate professionals in few years i.e. 3-5 years from graduation - will be:
- Practicing the design of building systems, managing building projects and solving related problems based on sound engineering principles, and ethics as demanded by the work and the profession.
- Qualified to meet the challenges of working in a multi-disciplinary environment and assuming leadership responsibilities in diverse areas of the profession.
- Advancing professionally, and educationally (as desired) to meet the changing local and global demands and emerging technologies.
- Engaged effectively in consulting and service activities related to the built environment / building industry to serve the profession and the society at large.
Student Outcomes (SOs)
Student Outcomes (SOs) describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that students acquire as they progress through the program. Attainment of these outcomes prepares graduates to enter the professional practice of engineering.
The Architectural Engineering program adopted the ABET a-k Student Outcomes. However, starting the fall semester of 2018 (Semester 18-1) the program adopted the following SOs:
The Architectural Engineering students will have the:
- ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation Data