GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- A high school degree, substantially equivalent in length, content, and quality to the current high school program (Science) of the Ministry of Education in Saudi Arabia.
- Passing the University Admission Test.
- Successful promotion from the Orientation Program.
- Fulfillment of all other University requirements.
- A record of good conduct.
- Physical fitness and good health.
- Approval of his employer, if he is an employee of any government or private agency.
The plan of study in Architectural Engineering consists of 133 credit hours of course work: i.e. 57 credit hours as general education requirements, 70 credit hours as core requirements and 6 credit hours as electives. The student is offered two opportunities to gain practical experience during his study. He can spend 8 weeks during summer or 28 weeks in more intensive Co-op program in the building industries. The student is expected to finish the degree in 4 years in addition to one year spent in the Orientation Program.
Students are responsible for knowing and following the academic rules and regulations, including the requirements for graduation. Faculty advisors will assist students in planning their academic programs, but are not expected to relieve students of this responsibility.
Each student at the University is assigned an academic advisor who will assist the student with matters relating to scheduling, course selection, registration, and the like. The advisor is a faculty member in the academic department in which the student is enrolled. The advisor of all first-year students is the Director of the Preparatory Year Program.
- Advisors assist students in the following ways:
- Selecting a degree program consistent with the student's goals and ability.
- Interpreting and understanding the academic regulations.
- Informing the student of the sequence of required and elective courses in his degree program and suggesting electives.
- Monitoring the student's progress and assisting with possible drop/add decisions.
- Acting as an initial approval agent for pre-registration, registration, and scheduling transactions.
- Assisting in course substitution, if necessary.