Graduate and Student Admission Monitoring Committee
Shamsad Ahmad (Chairman)
Al-Amoudi , O.S.B
- Supervise graduate students (degree plans, exams, thesis, etc.)
- Update graduate program policies and procedures
- Revise and update graduate program
- Evaluate graduate applications and make recommendations
- Monitor the progress of graduate students and make recommendations
Vohra, M.S (Chairman)
Al-Abdul Wahhab, H
- Revise and update undergraduate courses
- Finalize the new Environmental Engineering Program
- Study undergraduate students academic petitions
- To work on CES Strategic Plan Item # 1: Enhancing Students Learning Experience,
- Make presentations to the faculty to explain active learning and how it can be infused into courses.
- Invite guest speakers from other departments who have experience with active learning.
- Review course outlines and discuss with instructors how active learning can be infused in each undergraduate course.
IT Committee (ITC)
Al-Osta, M (Chairman)
- Maintain Department PC labs
- Maintain the software purchased through the Department
- Assist faculty in computer-related issues
- Study existing and future needs for computing facilities
- Improve and update the department website
Textbook Committee (TC)
Baig, M.G. – (Chairman)
Al-Zahrani M. A.
- Ensure availability of approved textbooks
- Receive and process requests of new textbooks
- Maintain lab manuals
Student Advising & Counseling Committee
Essa, M.H. (Chairman)
- Addressing specific problems related to studying in more structured approach focusing on improving study skills.
- Assisting students having personal, emotional, and academic problems.
- Forwarding recommendations to improve academic advising as well as policies and practices affecting students' success and progress toward graduation.
- Identifying the reasons behind the low performance of some students and come up with an academic success plan.
Program Assessment Committee
( ABET and NCAAA)
Chowdhury, S (Chairman)
Adekunlee, S( Chairman NCAAA)
Al-Gahtani, H. J.
(advisor by invitation)
- Develop and conduct the program self-assessment plan for the current academic year.
- Attend and encourage other CE faculty members to participate in the seminars/workshops organized by the Program Assessment Center of the Deanship of Academic Development (DAD)
- Review ABET guidelines for continuous assessment.
- Check the completeness of ABET course files.
Undergraduate Research Committee
Al-Osta M.A. ( Chairman)
- To develop guidelines for the undergraduate research course. The objectives of this course should be tailored to:
- To provide high ability undergraduate students with exposure to methodologies and techniques used in academic research.
- To facilitate significant individualized interactions between faculty members and students through a multi-term research experience.
- To promote interest in the pursuit of graduate-level study.
- To conduct an extended independent investigation that results in the production of a research paper.
Lab and Safety Committee
Al-Ghamdi, S.A. (Chairman)
Al-Malack, M. H
Engr. Syed Imran Ali
- To conduct inspections, twice in each semester, department facilities (offices, labs, workshops, stores, etc.) and send the inspection reports to the HSS Committee, on the attached Safety Inspection form.
- To eliminate hazards, if any, found in these facilities. The HSS Committee will review the inspection reports and provide its suggestions to improve the situation.
- Maintain lab facilities and equipment
- Recommend work distribution among lab staff
- Recommend new lab equipment based on department needs
- Prepare PRs for new equipment
Faculty Recruitment Committee
Alfarabi Sharif (Chairman)
Al-Amoudi, O.S. B
- Review and recommend faculty applications received from Faculty Affairs department.
Senior Design Project (SDC)
Al-Gahtani, A.S. (Chairman)
- Coordinate with the instructors assigned for the course for proper implementation of the 'rules of conduct' (guidelines) set for the Senior Design Project.
- Coordinate placement of senior design project students with faculty.
Course Offering Committee
Essa, M.H. (Chairman)
- To plan for graduate & undergraduate courses offering
- To be done in consultation with option convener, President of CE Club, Chair of Undergraduate Students Council and Chair of Graduate Students Council.
Department Assessment and Strategic Plan
Essa, M.H. ( Chairman)
- To summarize the Department´s activities during the prior year.
- To provide appropriate statistics and data, and outline planning for the following year.
- To ensure appropriate levels of assessment are being conducted and the results of the assessment are appropriately utilized.
- To aggregate and interpret assessment information and organize an annual report for decision makers (Chairman)
Alghamdi, S.A. ( Chairman)
- Secure training opportunities for coop students
- Contacting mentors on the performance of COOP students
- Monitoring progress reports