To be considered for accreditation in 2020-2021 cycle
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's)
Within few years after graduation, our graduates will be able to:
1. Integrate their academic preparation with engineering management practice, innovation and technology development.
2 Pursue or seek professional certification in Engineering Management or related field.
3. Advance in their professional careers and attain leadership roles in their respective organizations.
4. Match career advancement opportunities by applying the EM principles learned to real world situations, and demonstrate the ability to understand, analyze, and improve company practices.
The program objectives are aligned with the university and college mission as it covers all points addressed by the KFUPM mission. Objective 1 covers the knowledge and ethical commitment for society. Innovation and creativity are addressed in objective 2. Leadership of graduates is emphasized in objective 3. Contribution to employers and society is addressed in objective 4.
Students Outcomes (SO's)
The followings are the student learning outcomes:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering management problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
- An ability to conduct applied research in Engineering Management by utilizing appropriate research methods
The annual student enrollment and graduation data of the Master in Engineering Management (EM) Program are given in the table below: