The undergraduate program “Chemical Engineering” in the Department of Chemical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET,
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
Within few years after graduation, our graduates will be able to:
- Achieve a successful career in oil, gas, petrochemicals, desalination, energy and other process industries.
- Integrate their academic preparation with chemical engineering practice, innovation and technology development.
- Pursue a graduate degree in chemical engineering or other related fields.
- Pursue leadership roles in industry, business, and government agencies.
(1) An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
(2) An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
(3) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
(4) An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
(5) An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
(6) An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
(7) An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Mapping of CHE
courses contributing to the Student Outcomes
Annual Student Enrollment
The annual student enrollment and graduation data of the chemical engineering program (CHE) are given in the tables below:
|Term 191||Term 192||Term 193|
|Enrolled||Exp. Graduates||Enrolled||Exp. Graduates||Enrolled||Exp. Graduates|
|Term 181||Term 182||Term 183|
|Term 171||Term 172||Term 173|
|Term 161||Term 162||Term 163|
|Term 151||Term 152||Term 153|
|Term 141||Term 142||Term 143|