Advising Steps | Advising Worksheet | Registration Violations by Students
Chemical Engineering Department
Advising steps (for academic advisors):
- Study the academic performance of the student by visiting your Advisor Services Page.
- Meet with your advisee, then fill the Advising worksheet and have it signed by him before returning it to the Chairman.
- Go to KFUPM portal at http://portal.kfupm.edu.sa and approve/disapprove the student early registration through the following steps:
- Enter your email ID &email password, and click Login button. For any password problems, ITC Helpdesk should be contacted
- Click registrar services tab
- Click Advisor Approval for Early Registration link: List of advisees for the term will appear
- To submit early registration approval for a student; click on the link “NO” once to change it to “YES”.
- For canceling the early registration approval for a student, click on the link “YES” once to change it to “NO”
Alternatively, Advisor approval for early registration can also be submitted through registrar website at http://regweb.kfupm.edu.sa (thru Faculty Page).
Typical Advising Worksheet Sample
Academic Advisor: Academic Term:
Student Name: Major:
E-mail: Cell Phone:
I.D. #: CGPA:
Student Signature: Date:
Action Check ( √ )
The student has been handed over (and discussed if needed) the following:
- Program curriculum
- Program requirements & pre-requisites
- registration violations**
The following issues have been discussed:
Academic performance and possible ways to improve
Course plan for the next two terms
The rest of his degree plan
For registration violations by students, refer to registrar website: