The Department of Chemical Engineering is hiring highly qualified Post Doctoral Fellows in the following major areas.
The positions are available for both Saudi Nationals and International applicants. The interested applicants are requested to send their CV to the Chairman of the Department office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The chemical engineering department at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM), Saudi Arabia, invites applications for a faculty position at the rank of assistant professor, associate professor or full professor. The preference is for applicants with chemical engineering background. Applicants are expected to demonstrate evidence of outstanding potential for research and excellence in teaching skills. The successful candidate is expected to teach in the chemical engineering curriculum at the undergraduate and post-graduate level. The applicant is expected to lead independent research. Applicants must be fluent in English as it is the medium of instruction in the university.
The chemical engineering department at KFUPM is one of the premier chemical engineering departments in the region with excellent infrastructure for both teaching and research. The chemical engineering department has an undergraduate program with approximately 1000 students and 90 graduate students pursuing Master and PhD degrees. KFUPM has a well-established network of international collaborations with industry and well-known international universities such as MIT and Caltech. There are several research funding agencies which offer generous research grants and compensations. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Other benefits beside salary are attached.
Please visit the following link for the latest announcements about available positions.
Information about the department:
For further information, applicants should contact:
Head of the chemical engineering department
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals,
P. O. Box 5050,
Dhahran 31261, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Why Join KFUPM
Following benefits will be given to the faculty members at KFUPM:
1. The CHE department is ranked by QS ranking in 2018 in the top 51-100 in the world.
2. The CHE department provides the opportunity to interact with active faculty.
3. The benefits package includes Tax-free salary.
4. Well-established network of international collaborations with industry and well-known international Academic Institutions.
5. A monthly payment for each funded project.
6. Free furnished air-conditioned on-campus housing unit with essential utilities and maintenance.
7. Free medical care and dental services at the KFUPM Medical Center.
8. Local transportation allowance.
9. Tuition fees for dependent children of school-age
10. Paid annual vacation for 60 days, in addition to all official holidays.
11. A maximum of four air tickets, if needed, for yourself, your wife and two dependent children below 18 years
12. Research Start up Grant according to KFUPM policy.
13. KFUPM supports the attendance of three conferences per year.
14. The KFUPM campus has a range of facilities including a medical and dental clinic, health club with swimming pool, an extensive library, computing, research and teaching laboratory facilities, a recreation centre and a private beach.