- Summer postdoctoral research at National University of Singapore, (NUS), Department of Chemistry. Summer 2006 & 2007.
- Ph. D., University of South Florida (USF), Department of Chemistry. Specialization: chromatographic separations and Microextraction-systems, Environmental Analysis, Jan 2001-2005. Dissertation Topic: Sol-Gel Zirconia- and Titania-Based Surface-Bonded Hybrid Organic-Inorganic Coatings for Sample Preconcentration and Analysis via Capillary Microextraction In Hyphenation with Gas Chromatography (CME-GC).
- M.S., Florida Institute of Technology (FIT), Department of chemistry, Specialization: Chromatographic separations, Environmental Analysis, 1999- 2001. Thesis Topic: Selenium Analysis by Gas Chromatography/ Mass Spectrometry
- B.E., King Saud University, Riyadh, 1994
- Miniaturization of sample preparations techniques; SPME, EME, and µSPE.
- Development of sol-gel coating for microseparation.
- Advanced material for environmental and adsorptive desulfurization.
- Science education, Student-centered learning.
- T.-Y. Kim, Alhooshani, K.; Kabir, A.; D.P. Fries, A. Malik, “High pH-Resistant, surface-bonded Sol-Gel Titania Hybrid Organic –Inorganic Coating for Effective On-line Hyphenation of Capillary Microextraction (In-Tube SPME) with High-Performance Liquid Chromatography” , J. Chromatogr. A 2004, 1047(2), 165-174.
- K. Alhooshani, A. Kabir, A. Malik, “Sol-Gel approach to in situ creation of high pH-resistant surface-bonded organic –inorganic hybrid zirconia coating for capillary microextraction (in-tube SPME),” J. Chromatogr. A 2005, 1062, 1-14.
- S Kulkarni, L Fang, K. Alhooshani, A. Malik, "Sol-gel immobilized cyano-polydimethylsiloxane coating for capillary microextraction of aqueous trace analytes ranging from polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons to free fatty acids" J. Chromatogrphy A 2006, 1124, 205-215
- Fang, Li; Kulkarni, Sameer; Alhooshani, Khalid; Malik, Abdul. "Germania-Based, Sol-Gel Hybrid Organic-Inorganic Coatings for Capillary Microextraction and Gas Chromatography" Analytical Chemistry, 2007, 79(24), 9441-9451