- 1989: Ph.D - Petroleum Sciences and Applied Chemistry, " Institut Français du Pétrole et Université P. et M. Curie". Paris - France.
- 1987: Diploma - Spectroscopic Chemistry. University P. et M. Curie (Paris 6).
- 1986: D.E.A.(M.Sc)-Petroleum Sciences, French Institute of Petroleum (IFP).
- Homogenous Catalysis. This area includes the production of various aldehydes, carboxylic acids, esters, unsaturated esters, unsaturated amides, unsaturated thioesters, and amines by using soluble transition metal catalysts in carbonylation reactions.
- B. El Ali and Howard Alper, "Synthesis of Unsatured Esters, including t-Alkyl Esters, by the Palladium Catalyzed Carbonylation of Alkynes in the presence of Alcohols and 1,4-Bis(diphenylphosphino) Butane", J. Mol. Catal. Vol (1991), 67(1), pp. 29. Abstract
- B. El Ali and Howard Alper, "Lactonization Unsaturated Alcohols by Palladium Complexes under Neutral Conditions", J. Org. Chem. Vol 56 (1991), pp. 5357. Abstract
- B. El Ali and Howard Alper, "Formic Acid-Palladium Acetate-1,4 Bis(Diphenlphosphino)Butane. An Effective Catalytic System for Regioselective Hdrocarboxylation", J. Mol. Catal. Vol. 77(1) (1992), pp. 7. Abstract
- B. El Ali, G. Vasapollo and H. Alper, "Use of Formic or Oxalic Acid for the Regioselective Hydrocarboxylation of Alkenes and Alkynes Catalyzed by Pd/C and 1,4-bis(Diphenylphosphino)Butane", J. Org. Chem. Vol. 58(17) (1993), pp. 4739. Abstract
- B. El Ali and H. Alper, "The Regiochemical Synthesis of Straight Chain Acids by the Palladium(II) Catalyzed Hydrocarboxylation of Olefins with Oxalic Acid", J. Mol. Catal. Vol. 80(3) (1993), pp. 377. Abstract
- B. El Ali and H. Alper, "Palladium Acetate Catalyzed Synthesis of Cycloalkylacetic Acids by Regioselective Hydrocarboxylation of Methylenecycloalkanes with Formic Acid and1,4-bis(diphenylphosphino)butane", J. Org. Chem. Vol. 58 (1993), pp. 3595. Abstract