- B.Sc. (1977), Chemistry - King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals.
- Ph.D. (1982), Chemistry - University of Sheffield, UK
- UV spectroscopy of large molecules in partially oriented media, e.g. stretched films.
- Vibrational spectroscopy of organic molecules.
- Molecular dynamics in solution.
- Ultra fast reactions and processes.
- High resolution spectroscopy of small molecules.
- Incineration of hazardous chemical waste.
- A. Suwaiyan, "Indoles in Stretched Polyethylene and Polyvinylalcohol Films", The Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering, 12 (1986), 209.
- A. Suwaiyan, "The Polarized Absorption Spectrum of Indole", The Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering, 12 (1986), 333..
- A. Suwaiyan, "The Polarized Absorption spectrum of 5-Methyl Indole in Polyethylene and Polyvinylalcohol Films", Spectrochimica Acta (A), 42A (1986), 1021.
- A. Suwaiyan and R. Zwarich, "Vibrational Spectra of Indoles", Spectrochimica Acta (A), 42A (1986), 1017.
- Uwe K.A. Klein, Abdulaziz Al-Suwaiyan, and Manfred J. Mirbach, "Simulation of Hot Spots in Chemical Reactors by IR Laser Irradiation". Chimia, 12 (1986), 441.
- A. Suwaiyan and R. Zwarich, "Absorption spectra of Substituted Indoles in Stretched Polyethylene Films", Spectrochimica Acta (A) , 43A (1987),605.
- M.J. Mirbach, A. Al-Bar, A. Suwaiyan, and Uwe K.A. Klein, "IR-Laser Induced Heterogeneous Catalysis", New J. Chem, 12 (1988), 225.