- 2004 2007 Ph.D. in Applied Chemistry, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
- 1999 2001 M. Sc. in Drug Chemistry, University of Pune, India.
- 1996 1999 B.Sc. in Chemistry, University of Pune, India.
- Computational Chemistry
- Polymeric Membranes
- CO2 capture and green chemistry
- Biomimetic Membranes
- Quantum mechanical and molecular dynamics simulations for dual-amino-acid ionic liquids for CO2 capture Shaikh AR, Karkhaneichi H, Kamio E, Yoshioka T, Matsuyama H Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2016, 27734-27745.
- Hydration effects and antifouling properties of poly(vinyl chloride-co-PEGMA) membranes studied using molecular dynamics simulations Shaikh AR, Rajabzadeh S, Matsuo R, Takaba H, Matsuyama H Applied Surface Science. 2016, 369, 241-250.
- Effect of type of poly (ethylene glycol)(PEG) based amphiphilic copolymer on antifouling properties of copolymer/poly (vinylidene fluoride)(PVDF) blend membranes Ma W, Rajabzadeh S, Shaikh AR, Kakihana Y, Sun Y, Matsuyama H Journal of Membrane Science, 2016, 514, 429-439.
- Effect of surface properties on antifouling performance of poly(vinyl chloride-co-poly(ethylene glycol)methyl ether methacrylate)/PVC blend membrane Zhou Z, Rajabzadeh S, Shaikh AR, Kakihana Y, Ma W, Matsuyama H Journal of Membrane Science, 2016, 514, 537-546.
- Preparation of Amphotericin B-Ergosterol structures and molecular simulation of water adsorption and diffusion. Wu H-C, Yoshioka T, Nakagawa K, Shintani T, Tsuru T, Saeki D, Shaikh AR, Matsuyama H Accepted in Journal of Membrane Science