Minor Program in Chemistry
Program Mission Statement
The minor program in chemistry prepares students with an essential knowledge and foundation in chemistry for successful careers in private or government sectors.
Major Goals/Objectives for the Program
- To provide sufficient chemistry background (theoretical and practical) for interested students from other disciplines.
- To prepare students for graduate study opportunities in chemistry-related programs.
- To grant KFUPM graduates a competitive advantage for jobs, especially in chemical industry.
Learning Outcomes of the Chemistry Program
On successful completion of this program, it is expected that graduates of the Chemistry Minor Program will be able to:
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge of the fundamental theories and principles of chemistry. (Knowledge)
- Apply basic procedures, tools and techniques used by chemists. (Cognitive Skills)
- Carry out chemical experiments, analyze and report the results correctly. (Communication, Information Technology, Numerical; Psychomotor)
- Demonstrate good safety practice. (Interpersonal Skills & Responsibility)
Eligibility and pre-requisites for enrolment in Minor in Chemistry
A student can apply for enrollment in the Chemistry Minor Program provided that he has completed at least 64 credit hours of course work including CHEM 101 and CHEM 102 and his university cumulative GPA is 2.5 or above.
Courses requirement for Minor in Chemistry
The minimum credit requirement for obtaining a minor degree in chemistry is 18 credits of chemistry courses of which at least 12 credits must be unique to the minor (i.e. excluding courses taken for the major requirements as either cores or electives).
The 18 credit hours of chemistry courses must be fulfilled according to the following criteria:
A minimum of three courses must be chosen from the defined list of core chemistry courses..
A minimum of one three-credit 300-level or above chemistry course is required.
Fundamental chemistry required courses (CHEM 101 and CHEM 102) are not counted towards the minor degree in chemistry.
GPA requirement for Minor in Chemistry
The course and cumulative GPA requirements for the student's main degree program is satisfied.
The student has completed all required courses in the minor.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 is required in the courses that are used to satisfy the minor in Chemistry.
The details about the courses and the qualification for Minor will appear on the student's transcript but not on the degree.
Students who are interested to Minor Program in Chemistry
Step (1) Fill your information and submit online here:
Step (2) Download and complete the forms as: