The undergraduate program "BSc. in Computer Engineering" in the Department of Computer Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org/.
Program Educational Objectives:
In line with the missions of the University, the CCSE, and the COE department, The COE department has defined a set of program educational objectives that translate its mission into defined tasks. The objectives are measures of the graduates' achievements 3 to 5 years after completing the program. The objectives of the Computer Engineering (COE) Program are to produce graduates who, after a few years of graduation, will have:
- Established themselves as successful professional computer engineers with demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated an ability to pursue a successful professional career
- Enrolled and Succeeded in graduate and professional studies/programs if they chose to do so
Student Outcomes are statements that describe what students are expected to learn and be able to do by the time of graduation. They represent the skills, knowledge, and behavior that students will acquire through the program. The Student Outcomes support the Program Educational Objectives. The Computer Engineering program at KFUPM has the following Student Outcomes:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Yearly Student Enrollment
Yearly Student Enrollment (MX in Robotics and Autonomous Intelligent Systems)
COE ABET Resources