Hand washing facilities should be:
• Accessible to all food handlers.
• Provided with soap and warm potable water.
• Provided with disposable towels for drying hands.
• Provided with a bin for the disposable towels.
Wash your hands:
• Before and after eating.
• Before and after handling raw or cooked food.
• Before starting or resuming work.
• Before taking clean dishes and utensils from the dishwasher.
• After any cleaning task.
• After coughing, sneezing or blowing their nose.
• After handling cleaning chemicals.
• After handling money.
• After handling rubbish (garbage).
• After playing with pets or handling animals.
• After scratching.
• After smoking.
• After touching your hair.
• After touching your hair or face.
• After using a handkerchief or tissue.
• After using the toilet.
Procedures for washing your hands properly:
Step1: Wet your hands.
Step2: Rub your hands and wrists with soap.
Step3: Lather the soap for 20 seconds.
Step4: Rinse thoroughly.
Step5: Dry with paper towels or a hot air dryer.
Step6: Turn of taps with your elbows (if possible) or use a paper towel to do so.