The students, staff, and the faculty must adhere to the following general rules:
- Eating, drinking, or smoking is strictly prohibited in the labs.
- Follow all the written and verbal instructions in the labs.
- No student should work alone in the lab.
- Wear the required Personal Protective Equipment at all times inside the lab.
- Do not wear open toed footwear, shorts, or loose clothing in the labs.
- Students should never leave the working experimental setup unmonitored.
- Everyone should maintain and follow good housekeeping practices in the labs.
Kindly report immediately any safety issue, or any untoward incident that you are aware of to the lab in-charge.
Anyone working in the lab must be aware of the following safety arrangements:
- All the Exits in the lab.
- Emergency telephone numbers and the contact number of the lab in-charge.
- Emergency evacuation plan and procedure.
- Locations of the Fire Alarm Pull Station, First Aid Kit, Fire Extinguishers, Electrical Panel inside the lab.
- Locations of additional emergency response equipment such as Safety Shower, Eye Wash Station, Fire Blanket etc. (these are available based on the requirement)
- Appropriate PPE required for a particular lab and/or particular experiment being conducted in the lab.
- Safety signs and safety instructions in the lab.
Specific Safety Issues:
Kindly refer to the Chemical Safety, Electrical Safety, and Fire Safety sections to know more about the specific safety issues relevant to the labs.