EAP Lecturer Positions
English Language Department
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
College of General Studies
Box 38, Dhahran 31261
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply for a position as a Lecturer in the English Language Department. Located in Dhahran, on the Arabian Gulf, KFUPM is an English-medium university of science, technology, and business. With around 10,000 undergraduates, KFUPM attracts the top 2% of MENA students and is ranked in the top 175 universities worldwide. The ELD typically has 25% of those students enrolled in any one semester. We expect to recruit new male and female faculty for the start of the spring semester in January 2022 and for the start of the autumn semester in August 2022.
The English Language Department (ELD) teaches three undergraduate English courses:
- An Introduction to Academic Discourse (freshmen composition, reading, and academic vocabulary)
- An Introduction to Report Writing (source-based writing, presentation skills, and term report)
- Academic and Professional Communication (advanced research and report writing skills, job-seeking strategies, business correspondence, and presentation skills)
- Native-level competency in English (a minimum IELTS score of 9 for non-native speakers)
- Graduate of an Anglophone university
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Applicants need a first degree in any discipline and a master's degree or PhD in a TESOL/TEFL-related discipline (e.g., TESOL, Applied Linguistics, English, Creative Writing, Journalism) from a top-500 university on QS rankings.
- A CELTA or a DELTA would be an advantage.
- Applicants should also have a minimum of five years' experience full-time teaching English for Academic Purposes in a range of international contexts.
The academic calendar consists of two 15-week semesters (fall and spring), each followed by two weeks allocated to final examinations. ELD faculty teach four classes per day, three days per week and have five office hours per week. They teach two of the three undergraduate courses each semester and typically have responsibility for 90-100 students.
- Two-year renewable contracts
- Very competitive tax-free salaries
- End-of-service gratuity
- Additional remuneration through the evening language and summer programs may be available
- Generous leave, including annual round-trip air tickets for faculty, spouse and two children
- Monthly transportation allowance
- Free furnished, air-conditioned, campus-based accommodation with free utilities and house maintenance
- Educational allowance for school-age children
- Free medical and dental care at the University Clinic or local hospital
- Excellent recreational facilities including sports, fitness and private beach
- On-campus and off-campus bus services to local schools and shopping centres
- Located in a tri-city metropolitan area that includes Dammam International Airport
If you are interested in applying to the ELD, please send your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted.