Designation: Required Course
Course Level: Undergraduate
Prerequisite(s) by Topic:
- Software design
- Using APIs
- Software tools and environments
- Software processes
- Software requirements and specifications
- Software validation
- Software evolution
- Software project management
- Information models and systems
- Database systems
- Data modeling
- Relational databases
- Database query languages
- Relational database design
- Distributed databases
A continuous period of 28 weeks spent as a normal employee in industry, business, or government agencies with the purpose of familiarizing students with the real world of work and enabling them to integrate their classroom learning to a real work environment. During this period, a student is exposed to a real-life work in the field. Each student is required to participate with at least one project. Students are required to submit progress reports during the work period. Students are also required to give a presentation and submit a final report on their experience and the knowledge they gained during their cooperative
Eligibility Requirements: GPA above 2.0, Completion of at least 85 credit hours, Departmental Approval.
Reference(s) and Other Material:
After completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Work with a company or organization with self confidence and exercise his skills safely and in a professional manner.
- Practice an acceptable level of attendance and credibility to gain and maintain employment in a chosen occupation.
- Exercise negotiating skills and learn how to seek and provide information and discuss problems in a constructive way.
- Learn what is required to perform a specific task or series of tasks that meet the requirements of a company or organization.
- Have a working knowledge of the career he has chosen based on his cooperative work experience.
- Increase business contact
- Write reports according to predetermined guidelines and make oral presentations in English to convey in a limited time, the range of experience obtained and outline the most important skills learned.
- Individual breakdown for each student. Plan oriented. As agreed with the work supervisor and approved by course instructor.
- Activity Schedule
- 3 Months before coop period: Registration for Coop-Meeting prerequisites.
- 2 Months before coop period: Applying/ selecting work entity with the help of the University coop office.
- 2 Weeks before Coop period: Common Meeting with the Instructor-Coop Guidelines and Expectations.
- 1st-3rd Week of Coop Period: receiving and approving coop plans
- 6th Week of Coop Period: Instructor Calls and/ or visits
- 7th-8th Week of Coop Period: Progress report 1
- 8th Week of Coop Period: Receiving First Employer's Evaluation of the student's work performance.
- 10th Week of Coop Period: Instructor Calls and/ or visits
- 14th-15th Week of Coop Period: Progress report 2
- 19th Week of Coop Period: Instructor Calls and/ or visits
- 21st-22nd Week of Coop Period: Progress report 3
- 25th Week of Coop Period: Instructor Calls and/ or visits
- Last Week of Coop Period: Receiving Second Employer's Evaluation of the student's work performance
- 1st-2nd Week of Returning Semester: Common Meeting with the Instructor-How to give good presentation? Final Report format.
- 2nd-3rd Week of Returning semester: Final Report submission
- 3rd-4th week of Returning semester: Final Presentation