Designation: Required Course
Course Level: Undergraduate
Prerequisite(s) by Topic:
- Software design
- Using APIs
- Software tools and environments
- Software processes
- Software requirements and specifications
- Software validation
- Software evolution
- Software project management
- Information models and systems
- Database systems
- Data modeling
- Relational databases
- Database query languages
- Relational database design
- Distributed databases
- Communication skills
A summer period of 8 weeks spent as a trainee in industry, business, or government agencies for the purpose of familiarizing the student with the real job world and enabling him to apply and relate his academic knowledge to a real work environment.
Eligibility Requirements: Departmental Approval.
- After completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Work with a company or organization with self confidence and exercise his skills safely and in a professional manner.
- Practice an acceptable level of attendance and credibility to gain and maintain employment in a chosen occupation.
- Exercise negotiating skills and learn how to seek and provide information and discuss problems in a constructive way.
- Learn what is required to perform a specific task or series of tasks that meet the requirements of a company or organization.
- Have a working knowledge of the career he has chosen based on his training experience.
- Practice the application of theory in real life work
- Increase business contact.
- Write reports according to predetermined guidelines and make oral presentations in English to convey in a limited time, the range of experience obtained and outline the most important skills learned.