3 lectures per week, 50 minutes each (3-0-3)
Designation: Required Course
Course Level: Undergraduate
Prerequisite(s) by Topic:
Introduction to project management concepts, tools, and techniques: integration management and project planning, scope management, scheduling, budget control, human resource management, communication management, risk analysis and management, project quality management, and procurement management.
Reference(s) and Other Material:
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Estimate the cost of the project and perform risk management and configuration management in software projects.
- Measure project progress, productivity and other aspects of the software process.
- Work in a team to develop a project management plan.
- Draft contracts and proposals for software projects.
- Develop a project plan for a significant development effort.
- Self-learn new tools that help in managing a software project.