The applicant should have the equivalent degree of an undergraduate mathematics or statistics major of KFUPM. However, an applicant lacking an adequate undergraduate training may be admitted if recommended by the Graduate Committee, with the understanding that the course work taken to remove the deficiency in the undergraduate training may not be credited towards the degree.
To complete the M.S. degree, a candidate must:
- Complete 24 credit hours within the following limitations:
- At least 18 credits must be in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, of which Math 531, Math 533 and Math 550 must be taken as core courses
- A maximum of 6 credits at the 400 level can be counted.
- Take the seminar course Math 599 under the guidelines provided by the graduate bulletin.
- Prepare a thesis on a subject of his choice according to the general procedures of the Deanship of Graduate Studies. The thesis work earns student 6 credit hours, thus bringing the total to 30 credit hours to complete the MS degree