Office Bldg-63 Room-152
Phone 966-13-860 1082
Fax 966-13-860 2949 (ME Dept)
Websites Personal Page
Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2007-2010
M.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering), King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, 1994-1997
B.Sc (Mechanical Engineering), Osmania University, Hyderabad, 1989-1993
- ME322: Manufacturing Processes - I
- ME306: Manufacturing Processes - II
- ME451: Design and analysis of engineering experiments
- ME576: Tribology
- Micro/Nano tribology, , surface & coatings
- surface treatment
- thin solid polymeric/metallic films
- polymer nanocomposites
- lubrication technology
- environmental friendly lubricants
- Mohammed, AS; Bin Ali, A ;Investigating the Effect of Water Uptake on the Tribological Properties of Organoclay Reinforced UHMWPE Nanocomposites ;2016
- Fellah, M; Samad, MA; Labaiz, M; Assala, O; Iost, A ; Sliding friction and wear performance of the nano-bioceramic alpha-Al2O3 prepared by high energy milling ;2015
- Hussein, MA; Mohammed, AS; Al-Aqeeli, N ;Wear Characteristics of Metallic Biomaterials: A Review ;2015
- Samad, MA; Rismani, E; Kwek, WM; Bhatia, CS ; Energy gradient carbon embedding in the magnetic media for improved tribological performance ;2014
- E. Rismani, M. Abdul Samad, S.K. Sinha, R. Yeo, H. Yang and C.S. Bhatia, "Ultrathin Si/C graded layer to improve tribological properties of Co magnetic films", Applied Physics Letters, 101 (19) DOI: 10.1063/1.4765054 (2012).
- M. Abdul Samad, E. Rismani, H. Yang, S. K. Sinha and C. S. Bhatia, “Overcoat free surface modification for lower magnetic spacing and improved tribological properties for higher areal densities”, Tribology Letters (2011), 43(3) p.247-256
- M. Abdul Samad, H. Yang, S. K. Sinha and C. S. Bhatia, “Effect of carbon embedding on the tribological properties of magnetic media surface with and without a perfluoropolyether (PFPE) layer”, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics (2011), 44
- M. Abdul Samad, H. Yang, S. K. Sinha and C. S. Bhatia, “A Novel Approach of Carbon embedding in Magnetic Media for Future Head/Disk Interface”, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 48 (5), 1807 -1812, DOI:10.1109/TMAG.2011.2170826 (2012).
- M. Abdul Samad and Sujeet K. Sinha, “Dry sliding and boundary lubrication performance of a UHMWPE/CNTs nanocomposite coating on steel substrates at elevated temperatures” Wear, 270(2011), p. 395 - 402.
- M. Abdul Samad and Sujeet K. Sinha, “Mechanical, thermal and tribological characterization of a UHMWPE film reinforced with carbon nanotubes coated on steel”, Tribology International (2011), 44(12), p. 1932-1941
- M. Abdul Samad and Sujeet K. Sinha, “Effects of counterface material and UV radiation on the tribological performance of a UHMWPE\CNT nanocomposite coating on steel substrates” Wear, 271(2011), p. 2759-2765.
- Carbon ion embedment as a protective coating to reduce the magnetic spacing and increase the data storage capacity of the present day magnetic hard drives to 10 Tbit/in2 (US Provisional Patent Application No. 61/380,398)
- Nalam Satyanarayana, Myo Minn, Mohammed Abdul Samad and Sujeet. K. Sinha, “Tribology of Polymer Coatings / Thin Films”, Encyclopedia of Tribology.
- M. Abdul Samad, Nalam Satyanarayana and Sujeet K. Sinha, “Effect of Air-Plasma pre-treatment of Si substrate on adhesion strength and tribological properties of a UHMWPE film”, Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, Special Issue on “Adhesion in MEMS/NEMS” 24(2010), p.2557 – 2570.