Office Bldg-63 Room-306
Phone 966-13-860 7237
Fax 966-13-860 2949 (ME Dept)
Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering), University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA, May 2005
M.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering), University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA, December 2000
B.Sc (Mechanical Engineering), Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan, June 1996
- ME 215 Material Science for ME Engineers
- ME 206 Manufacturing Processes I
- ME 306 Manufacturing Processes II
Microstructure Refinement of Metallic Alloys
Casting, Semisolid Processing and Welding
Cutting Tools Coatings and Wear Characterization
- Yilbas, BS; Ali, H; Al-Aqeeli, N; Abu-Dheir, N; Khaled, M ; Influence of mud residues on solvent induced crystalized polycarbonate surface used as PV protective cover ;2016
- Owais, A; Khaled, MM; Yilbas, BS; Abu-Dheir, N; Varanasi, KK; Toumi, KY ; Surface and wetting characteristics of textured bisphenol-A based polycarbonate surfaces: Acetone-induced crystallization texturing methods ;2016
- Yilbas, BS; Ali, H; Khaled, M; Al-Aqeeli, N; Abu-Dheir, N; Varanasi, KK ;Characteristics of laser textured silicon surface and effect of mud adhesion on hydrophobicity ;2015
- Yilbas, BS; Ali, H; Khaled, MM; Al-Aqeeli, N; Abu-Dheir, N; Varanasi, KK ; Influence of dust and mud on the optical, chemical, and mechanical properties of a pv protective glass ;2015
- Al-Qadhi, M; Merah, N; Matin, A; Abu-Dheir, N; Khaled, M; Youcef-Toumi, K ; Preparation of superhydrophobic and self-cleaning polysulfone non-wovens by electrospinning: influence of process parameters on morphology and hydrophobicity ;2015
- Khalil, KS; Mahmoudi, SR; Abu-dheir, N; Varanasi, KK ; Active surfaces: Ferrofluid-impregnated surfaces for active manipulation of droplets ;2014
- Al-Qadhi, M; Merah, N; Gasem, ZM; Abu-Dheir, N; Aleem, BJA ; Effect of Water and Crude Oil on Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Epoxy-Clay Nanocomposites ;2014
- Yilbas, BS; Matthews, A; Karatas, C; Leyland, A; Khaled, M; Abu-Dheir, N; Al-Aqeeli, N; Nie, X ; Laser Texturing of Plasma Electrolytically Oxidized Aluminum 6061 Surfaces for Improved Hydrophobicity ;2014
- Yilbas, BS; Khaled, M; Abu-Dheir, N; Al-Aqeeli, N; Said, SAM; Ahmed, AOM; Varanasi, KK; Toumi, YK ; Wetting and other physical characteristics of polycarbonate surface textured using laser ablation ;2014
- Yilbas, BS; Khaled, M; Abu-Dheir, N; Aqeeli, N; Furquan, SZ ; Laser texturing of alumina surface for improved hydrophobicity ;2013
- Abu-Dheir, N; Yilbas, BS ; Laser Welding of Steel Laminates: Measurement of Elastic Modulus with Three-point Bending ;2013
- Numan Abu-Dheir, Marwan Khraisheh, Kozo Saito, Alan Male, "Silicon morphology modification in the eutectic Al-Si alloy using mechanical mold vibration," Journal of Materials Science and Engineering, vol 393A, 2005, pp 109-117.
- Numan Abu-Dheir, Marwan Khraisheh, Kozo Saito, Alan Male, "Towards Designing and Controlling the Microstructure and Properties of Aluminum Alloys Castings Using Mold Vibration," Transactions of the North America Manufacturing and Research Institute of SME, vol 33, 2005, pp 311-317.
- Numan Abu-Dheir, Marwan Khraisheh, Kozo Saito, Alan Male, "Effect of Mold Vibration on the Solidification Process during Gravity Die Casting of AA 356," Solidification of Aluminum Alloys, TMS 2004 proceedings, pp 361-368.
- Numan Abu-Dheir, Marwan Khraisheh, Kozo Saito, "A Numerical Investigation of the Solidification of Al-12.6%Si Alloy During Mold-Vibration," Materials Processing under the Influence of External Fields, TMS, 2007, pp. 113-122.
- Quality Assessment and Metallurgical Examination of Laser Welded Sheets, KFUPM IP 2008/20
- Vibration-Assisted Arc Welding of Oil-Pipes Steel, KFUPM, #JF070005 Performance of Nano-Scale Multi-Layered Coatings on Cutting Tools, KACST, AR-27-106