Dr. Abdulaziz Bazoune
Tel: (860) 4495
Short introduction of the lab and its key capabilities/mission
The laboratory is concerned with the issues of advanced dynamics in mechanical systems, in particular rotating machinery. It is equipped with rotor station to simulate problems of rotating machinery. Advanced data-acquisition systems and oscilloscopes support the test-rigs
Laboratory equipment dedicated to teaching only
- Turbine blade crack research test rig has been specifically designed to simulate turbine blade crack and other machinery faults for research and educational purposes. With this test rig, the blade crack diagnosis/prognosis can be studied thoroughly through the wireless strain gauges attached on the blades.
- Bently Nevada Rotor Kit: The RK 4 Rotor Kit closely simulates actual rotating machine behavior. Its unique geometry and its ability for users to isolate and control individual machine characteristics make it useful as both a teaching tool and as a laboratory tool for theoretical research.
- Shaft alignment training kit and software: it is a training rig with two fully adjustable modular units featuring horizontal jack bolts, calibrated and reference dials, and replaceable feet.
- 208-P Data Acquisition Interface Unit and Automated Diagnostics for Rotating Equipment (ADRE) Software from Bently Nevada (GE), ADRE for Windows® and the 208 DAIU This hands-on course teaches the skills necessary to ensure the highest quality of data acquisition and presentation using the ADRE diagnostic system. The course begins with the basics in system configuration and continues through advanced database manipulation tools. The skills you learn will help you get the most value from ADRE for Windows software and the 208 DAIU.
- RLV-5500 Rotational Laser Vibrometers, Polytec RLV-5500 Rotational Laser Vibrometers are advanced non contact angular velocity and displacement sensors, ideal for measuring rotating structures such as crankshafts, axles and pulleys.
- Other available equipment and materials are:
Strain gages, piezoelectric and magnetostrictive materials.
Vibration sensors (Accelerometers, and proximity probes
Experimental setups used for teaching