Office: Bldg 63-Room 216
Phone: +966- 13 -860- 1379
Fax: +966-13-860 -2949 (ME Dept)
Website: Personal Page
Post Doc., Water and Energy Laboratory, University of California at Merced, United States, 2015-16
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Queen Mary, University of London, United Kingdom, 2011
- ME203: Thermodynamics 1
- ME315: Heat and Mass Transfer
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Internal Combustion Engines
- ME536: Convection Heat Transfer (Graduate course)
- Two Phase Flow Heat Transfer
- Heat Transfer Enhancement
- Condensation and Boiling
- Electronics cooling and Thermal Management
- Phase Change Materials
Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Ali, currently working as an associate professor of Mechanical Engineering at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia, received his doctoral degree in mechanical engineering from School of Engineering and Materials Science, Queen Mary, University of London, United Kingdom, in 2011. He was a postdoc at Water and Energy Laboratory of University of California at Merced, United States, during 2015-16.
Thermal sciences, heat transfer, and solar energy are his major areas of interest. Over the span of several years, he supervised numerous undergraduate and postgraduate students and his work produced more than 150 papers featured in various reputed international journals. He also participated at several international and national conferences as an invited speaker and delivered keynote talks. His other research interests include electronics cooling, condensation, nanofluids, heat transfer devices, and thermal management.
He is the recipient of the "Best Young Research Scholar Award" for 2017 in the Engineering category, conferred by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan at the 7th HEC Outstanding Research Award Ceremony. He also had the honor of receiving HEC's Best Research Paper Award (2013/2014) and Research Productivity Award by Pakistan Council of Science and Technology (2016-17). Apart from his academic duties, he is actively involved with editorial duties at several international journals, notably Heat Transfer Engineering (Taylor & Francis), Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (Springer), International Journal of Thermofluids (Elsevier), Journal Thermal Science, and Journal of Mechanical Engineering.
(Selected Journals: For complete list please see Google Scholar; Research Gate)
- Ali, H.M and Abubaker, M. (2014), Effect of Vapour Velocity on Condensate Retention on Horizontal Pin-Fin Tubes, Vol. 86, Page 1001-1009, Energy Conversion and Management.
- Ali, H.M and Ali, A. (2014), Measurements and Semi-Empirical Correlation for Condensate Retention on Horizontal Integral-Fin Tubes: Effect of Vapour Velocity, Vol. 71, Issue 1, Page 24-33, Applied Thermal Engineering.
- Ali, H.M and Briggs, A. (2015), A Semi-Empirical Model for Free-Convection Condensation on Horizontal Pin-Fin Tubes, Vol. 81, Page 157-166, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Ali, H. M. and Qasim, M. Z. (2015), Free Convection Condensation of Steam on Horizontal Wire Wrapped Tubes: Effect of Wire Thermal Conductivity, Pitch and Diameter, Vol. 90, Page 207-214, Applied Thermal Engineering.
- Ali, H. M. and Arshad, W. (2015), Thermal Performance Investigation of Staggered and Inline Pin Fin Heat Sinks using Water Based Rutile and Anatase TiO2 nanofluids, Vol. 106, Page 793-803, Energy Conversion and Management.
- Guo, H., Ali, H. M. and Hassanzadeh, A., (2016), Simulation Study of Flat-Sheet Air Gap Membrane Distillation Modules coupled with an Evaporative Crystallizer for Zero Liquid Discharge Water Desalination, Vol. 108, Page 486-501, Applied Thermal Engineering
- Ali, H. M. and Arshad, W. (2017), Effect of Channel Angle of Pin-Fin Heat Sink on Heat Transfer Performance using Water based Graphene Nanoplatelets Nanofluids, Vol. 106, Page 465-472, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Ali, H. M.(2017), An Analytical Model for Prediction of Condensate Flooding on Horizontal Pin-fin Tubes, Vol. 106, Page 1120-1124, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Ali, H. M., Generous, M. M., Ahmad, F. and Irfan, M., (2017), Experimental Investigation of Nucleate Pool Boiling Heat Transfer Enhancement of TiO2-Water based Nanofluids, Vol. 113, Page 1146-1151, Applied Thermal Engineering.
- Arshad, W. and Ali, H. M. (2017), Experimental Investigation of Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop in a Straight Minichannel Heat Sink with TiO2 Nanofluid, Vol. 110, Page 248-256, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Ali, H. M. and Arshad, A., (2017), Experimental investigation of n-eicosane based circular pin-fin heat sinks for passive cooling of electronic devices, Vol. 112, Page 649-661, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Khan, M. M. A., Ibrahim, N. I., Mahbubul, I. M., Ali, H. M., Saidur, R. and Al-Sulaiman, F. A., (2018), Evaluation of Solar Collectors Designs with Integrated Latent Heat Thermal Energy Storage: A Review, Vol. 166,Page 334-350, Solar Energy.
- Sajid, M. U. and Ali, H. M. (2018), Thermal conductivity of hybrid nanofluids: A critical review, Vol.126, Page 211-234, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Qureshi, Z. A., Ali, H. M., Khushnood, S., (2018), Recent advances on thermal conductivity enhancement of phase change materials for energy storage system: A review, Vol. 127, Page 836-856, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Khattak, Z., Ali, H. M., (2019), Air cooled heat sink geometries subjected to forced flow: A critical review, Vol. 130, Page 141-161, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Rehman, T. U., Ali, H. M., (2018), Experimental investigation on paraffin wax integrated with copper foam based heat sinks for electronic components thermal cooling, Vol. 98, Page 155-162, International Communications of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Sajid, M. U. and Ali, H. M. (2019), Recent advances in application of nanofluids in heat transfer devices: A critical review, Vol.103, Page 556-592, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.
- Babar, H. and Ali, H. M., (2019), Towards hybrid nanofluids: Preparation, thermophysical properties, applications, and challenges, Vol. 241, Page 598-633, J. of Molecular Liquids.
- Shah, T. R., Ali, H. M., (2019), Applications of hybrid nanofluids in solar energy, practical limitations and challenges: A critical review, Vol. 183, Page 173-203, Solar Energy.
- Ali, H., Kamran, M. S., Ali, H. M., Imran, S., (2019), Condensation Heat transfer enhancement using steam-ethanol mixtures on Horizontal finned tube, Vol. 140, Page 87-95, International Journal of Thermal Sciences
- Ambreen, T., Saleem, A., Ali, H. M., Shehzad, S. A., Park, C. W (2019), Performance analysis of hybrid nanofluid in a heat sink equipped with sharp and streamlined micro pin-fins, Vol. 355, Page 552-563, Powder Technology.
- Bashir, M. A., Geovannelli, A., Ali, H. M., (2019), Design of high-temperature solar receiver integrated with short-term thermal storage for Dish-Micro Gas Turbine systems, Vol. 190, Page 156-166, Solar Energy.
- Ali, H. M., (2020), Recent advancements in PV cooling and efficiency enhancement integrating phase change materials based systems – A comprehensive review, Vol. 197, Page 163-198, Solar Energy.
- Ali, H. M., (2020), In tube convection heat transfer enhancement: SiO2 aqua based nanofluids, Vol. 308, Article ID 113031, J. of Molecular Liquids
- Muneeshwaran, M., Sajjad, U., Ahmed, T., Amer, M., Ali, H. M., Wang, C-C., (2020), Performance improvement of photovoltaic modules via temperature homogeneity improvement, Vol. 203, 117816, Energy.