Office: Bldg 63-Room 216
Phone: +966- 13 -860- 1379
Fax: +966-13-860 -2949 (ME Dept)
Website: Personal Page
Post-Doc., Water and Energy Laboratory, University of California at Merced, United States, 2015-16
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Queen Mary, University of London, United Kingdom, 2011
- ME203: Thermodynamics 1
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Convection Heat Transfer (Graduate course)
- Radiation Heat Transfer (Graduate course)
- Two-Phase Flow Heat Transfer
- Heat Transfer Enhancement
- Condensation and Boiling
- Electronics Cooling and Thermal Management
- Phase Change Materials
- Ali, H.M and Abubaker, M. (2014), Effect of Vapour Velocity on Condensate Retention on Horizontal Pin-Fin Tubes, Vol. 86, Page 1001-1009, Energy Conversion and Management.
- Ali, H.M and Ali, A. (2014), Measurements and Semi-Empirical Correlation for Condensate Retention on Horizontal Integral-Fin Tubes: Effect of Vapour Velocity, Vol. 71, Issue 1, Page 24-33, Applied Thermal Engineering.
- Ali, H.M and Briggs, A. (2015), A Semi-Empirical Model for Free-Convection Condensation on Horizontal Pin-Fin Tubes, Vol. 81, Page 157-166, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Ali, H. M. and Qasim, M. Z. (2015), Free Convection Condensation of Steam on Horizontal Wire Wrapped Tubes: Effect of Wire Thermal Conductivity, Pitch and Diameter, Vol. 90, Page 207-214, Applied Thermal Engineering.
- Ali, H. M. and Arshad, W. (2015), Thermal Performance Investigation of Staggered and Inline Pin Fin Heat Sinks using Water Based Rutile and Anatase TiO2 nanofluids, Vol. 106, Page 793-803, Energy Conversion and Management.
- Guo, H., Ali, H. M. and Hassanzadeh, A., (2016), Simulation Study of Flat-Sheet Air Gap Membrane Distillation Modules coupled with an Evaporative Crystallizer for Zero Liquid Discharge Water Desalination, Vol. 108, Page 486-501, Applied Thermal Engineering
- Ali, H. M. and Arshad, W. (2017), Effect of Channel Angle of Pin-Fin Heat Sink on Heat Transfer Performance using Water based Graphene Nanoplatelets Nanofluids, Vol. 106, Page 465-472, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Ali, H. M.(2017), An Analytical Model for Prediction of Condensate Flooding on Horizontal Pin-fin Tubes, Vol. 106, Page 1120-1124, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Ali, H. M., Generous, M. M., Ahmad, F. and Irfan, M., (2017), Experimental Investigation of Nucleate Pool Boiling Heat Transfer Enhancement of TiO2-Water based Nanofluids, Vol. 113, Page 1146-1151, Applied Thermal Engineering.
- Arshad, W. and Ali, H. M. (2017), Experimental Investigation of Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop in a Straight Minichannel Heat Sink with TiO2 Nanofluid, Vol. 110, Page 248-256, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Ali, H. M. and Arshad, A., (2017), Experimental investigation of n-eicosane based circular pin-fin heat sinks for passive cooling of electronic devices, Vol. 112, Page 649-661, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Khan, M. M. A., Ibrahim, N. I., Mahbubul, I. M., Ali, H. M., Saidur, R. and Al-Sulaiman, F. A., (2018), Evaluation of Solar Collectors Designs with Integrated Latent Heat Thermal Energy Storage: A Review, Vol. 166,Page 334-350, Solar Energy.
- Sajid, M. U. and Ali, H. M. (2018), Thermal conductivity of hybrid nanofluids: A critical review, Vol.126, Page 211-234, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Qureshi, Z. A., Ali, H. M., Khushnood, S., (2018), Recent advances on thermal conductivity enhancement of phase change materials for energy storage system: A review, Vol. 127, Page 836-856, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Khattak, Z., Ali, H. M., (2019), Air cooled heat sink geometries subjected to forced flow: A critical review, Vol. 130, Page 141-161, International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Rehman, T. U., Ali, H. M., (2018), Experimental investigation on paraffin wax integrated with copper foam based heat sinks for electronic components thermal cooling, Vol. 98, Page 155-162, International Communications of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Sajid, M. U. and Ali, H. M. (2019), Recent advances in application of nanofluids in heat transfer devices: A critical review, Vol.103, Page 556-592, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.
- Babar, H. and Ali, H. M., (2019), Towards hybrid nanofluids: Preparation, thermophysical properties, applications, and challenges, Vol. 241, Page 598-633, J. of Molecular Liquids.
- Shah, T. R., Ali, H. M., (2019), Applications of hybrid nanofluids in solar energy, practical limitations and challenges: A critical review, Vol. 183, Page 173-203, Solar Energy.
- Ali, H., Kamran, M. S., Ali, H. M., Imran, S., (2019), Condensation Heat transfer enhancement using steam-ethanol mixtures on Horizontal finned tube, Vol. 140, Page 87-95, International Journal of Thermal Sciences
- Ambreen, T., Saleem, A., Ali, H. M., Shehzad, S. A., Park, C. W (2019), Performance analysis of hybrid nanofluid in a heat sink equipped with sharp and streamlined micro pin-fins, Vol. 355, Page 552-563, Powder Technology.
- Bashir, M. A., Geovannelli, A., Ali, H. M., (2019), Design of high-temperature solar receiver integrated with short-term thermal storage for Dish-Micro Gas Turbine systems, Vol. 190, Page 156-166, Solar Energy.