Office Bldg-63 Room-313
Phone 966-13-860 2964
Fax 966-13-860 2949 (ME Dept)
King Fahd University for Petroleum & Minerals Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Ph.D., January 1996, Thesis Title: Analysis of Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer Around and Inside a liquid Sphere.
Alexandria University, Faculty of Engineering Alexandria, Egypt
Master of Science earned 1989, Thesis Title : Experimental Investigations on the Effect of Idling Conditions in the Performance and NOX Emissions of a Spark-Ignition Engine
Alexandria University, Faculty of Engineering Alexandria, Egypt B.Sc. Degree with degree of Honor in Mechanical Power Engineering 1985
- ME534 (Heat Conduction) "A post-graduate course"
- ME532 (Advanced Fluid Mechanics) "A post-graduate course"
- ME 537 (Combustion and Emissions) "A post-graduate course"
- ME203 (Thermodynamics I).
- ME204 (Thermodynamics II)
- ME311 (Fluid Mechanics)
- ME305/ME315 (Heat Transfer) in addition to ME305 Lab, as instructor/coordinator
- ME423 (Energy Conversion)
- ME430 (Air Conditioning)
- ME440 (Convective Heat and Mass Transfer)
- ME496 (Thermal Desalination Systems) a new course
Heat Transfer, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Thermo-economic study of various thermodynamic systems, combustion, Water desalination
- Khalifa, AE; Antar, MA; Farag, MS; Experimental and Theoretical Comparative Study of Performance and Emissions for a Fuel Injection SI Engine with Two Octane Blends;2015
- Khalifa, A; Lawal, D; Antar, M; Khayet, M; Experimental and theoretical investigation on water desalination using air gap membrane distillation;2015
- Al-Sulaiman, FA; Zubair, MI; Atif, M; Gandhidasan, P; Al-Dini, SA; Antar, MA; Humidification dehumidification desalination system using parabolic trough solar air collector;2015
- Qureshi, BA; Antar, MA; Zubair, SM;Heat exchanger inventory cost optimization for power cycles with one feedwater heater;2014
- Sharqawy, MH; Antar, MA; Zubair, SM; Elbashir, AM; Optimum thermal design of humidification dehumidification desalination systems;2014
- Antar, MA; Ben-Mansour, R; Al-Dini, SA; The effect of thermal radiation on the heat transfer characteristics of lid-driven cavity with a moving surface;2014
- M .A. Antar, "Fluid flow and heat transfer over a micro-sphere", Proceedings of IPACK, 2007, ASME InterPACK '07, July 8-12, 2007, Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA.
- H. Baig and M. A. Antar, “Conduction / Natural convection analysis of heat transfer across multi-layer building blocks” Proceedings of the Fifth EUROTHERM Conference, 18-22 May 2008, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
- M. A. Antar, “Mixed Convection Cooling of a Microsphere”, Proceedings of the Eleventh Intersociety Conference on Thermal and Thermomechanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems (ITHERM 2008), Jacksonville, Florida May 28-31, 2008, pp. 1107-1113.
- M. A. Antar and M. A. I. El-Shaarawi, “Entropy generation for a rotating sphere under uniform heat flux condition in mixed-convection flow field” Accepted for presentation at the Sixth international conference for computational heat and mass transfer, ICCHMT, May 18–21, 2009, Guangzhou, CHINA.
- M. A. Antar, “Bloom Taxonomy in the E-learning Domain, a Case Study”, accepted for presentation at the Third International Conference & Exhibition for Zain e-learning Center, Bahrain 6-8 April, 2010.