Professor, Teaching Peer Consultant
Office Bldg-63 Room-351
Phone 966-13-860 2964
Fax 966-13-860 2949 (ME Dept)
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, KFUPM, KSA, 1996
M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Alxandria University, Egypt, 1989
B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Alxandria University, Egypt, 1985
- ME701: Independent Research
- ME529: Advanced Thermal Desalination Systems
- ME532:Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- ME460: Thermal Desalination Systems
- ME 315: Heat Transfer.
- ME203: Thermodynamics 1
- Water Desalination
- Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics
- S. M. Zubair, M, A. Antar, S El-Mutasim and Dahiru U. Lawal, Performance evaluation of humidification-dehumidification (HDH) desalination systems with and without heat recovery options: an experimental and theoretical investigation, Desalination, Desalination 436 (2018) 161–175.
- Dahiru U. Lawal, Syed. M. Zubair, M. A. Antar, Exergo-Economic Analysis of Humidification-Dehumidification (HDH) Desalination Systems Driven by Heat Pump (HP), Desalination, Volume 443, 1 October 2018, Pages 11–25
- Rached Ben-Mansour, Naef A.A. Qasem, Mohammed A. Antar, Carbon dioxide adsorption separation from dry and humid CO2/N2 mixture, Computers and Chemical Engineering, Vol. 117, pp.221–235, 2018
- Ahmed Yassen, Mohammed A. Antar, Atia E. Khalifa, Maged El-Shaarawi, Analysis of Absorption Cooling and MD Desalination Cogeneration System, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering (AJSE), Volume 44, Issue 2, pp 1081–1095, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-018-3407-8
- Bassel A. Abdelkader, Mohamed A. Antar, Tahar Laoui, Zafarullah Khan, Development of graphene oxide-based membrane as a pretreatment for thermal seawater desalination, Desalination, Vol. 465, 13-24, 2019. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0011916419300165?dgcid=author
- M. I. Zubair , F. A. Al-Sulaiman, M. A. Antar, S. Dini, N. I. Ibrahim, "Performance and Cost Assessment of a Solar HDH Desalination System Integrated with Thermal Storage: A case study", Desalination and Water Treatment, Vol. 173, pp. 86-104, 2020.
- B. A. Abdelkader, M. Khan, M. A. Antar and A. E. Khalifa, "Performance of Bubble Column Humidification-Dehumidification (HDH) Desalination System", Desalination and Water Treatment, Vol. 181, pp. 101-112, 2020
- Dahiru U. Lawal, Mohamed A. Antar, Atia Khalifa, Syed Zubair and Fahad Al-Sulaiman, Experımental Investıgatıon of Heat Pump Drıven Humıdıfıcatıon-Dehumıdıfıcatıon Desalınatıon System for Water Desalination and Space Conditioning, Desalination,Vol. 475, 114199, 2020.
- Dahiru U. Lawal, Mohamed A. Antar, Atia Khalifa, Syed Zubair, Heat Pump operated Humidification Dehumidification Desalination System with option of Energy Recovery, Separation Science and Technology, pp. 1-20, 2020.
- Ahmed M. Shaaban, Mohamed A. Antar, Atia E. Khalifa, and Maged A. El-Shaarawi, Analysis of Integrated H2O-LiBr Absorption Cooling and Single-effect Evaporation Desalination System, Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering, AJSE, (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-020-04374-0
- G.P. Narayan, G.P. Thiel, R.K. McGovern, J.H. Lienhard V, S.K. Das, K.M. Chehayeb, S.M. Zubair, and M.A. Antar, "Thermodynamic balancing of heat and mass exchange devices," US Patent #8496234 B1, 30 July 2013. (US application: US20140014212A1, 2012), US9416800, CO14-286200, ZL2013800340581, AU2013290626, Ca2875826, 11201407825R.
- Mohamed Antar, Dahiru Lawal, Atia Khalifa, Syed Zubair And Fahad Al-Sulaiman, Desalination and climate control system, US10493373, Publication number: 20190351347
- Fahad Al-Sulaiman and Mohamed Antar Humidification-Dehumidification Desalination System, Patent Number: US9643102 Owner: KFUPM Country: United States
- Mohamed Antar and Saddam Jaber, Mechanical Vapor Compression Desalination Systems, US10399003, B2 September 2019.
- Ayman Al-Azazmeh, M A. Antar and E Mokheimer, An Integrated System With An Absorption Refrigeration Subsystem And A Desalination Subsystem, US: 20190161366
- A Method of Deionizing Saline Water With A Diffusion Barrier, Bassel Abdelkader, M A. Antar, Z. U Khan And Tahar Laoui, Publication number: 20190270053
- Excellence of teaching/advising, KFUPM, May 2000.
- College of Engineering Excellence of teaching award May 2004,
- Instructional Technology award, KFUPM September 2004
- College of Engineering Excellence of teaching award May 2005.
- Excellence of teaching, KFUPM, May 2008.
- Instruction Technology Award, KFUPM, April, 2010.
- Excellence in Research Award, KFUPM, April 2019.
Desalination lab, ME, KFUPM,