Distinguished University Professor
Phone 966-3-860 4481
Fax 966-3-860 2949 (ME Dept)
D. Eng. (Doctor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering), Birmingham University, UK, 2005
Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering), Birmingham University, UK, 1982
M.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering), Birmingham University, UK, 1978
B.Sc (Mechanical Engineering), Birmingham University, UK, 1976
- ME701: Independent Research
- ME612: Phase change heat transfer and two-phase flow
- ME532:Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- ME 533: Ideal Fluid Flow
- ME 427: Turbomachinery
- ME 425: Compressible Fluid Flow
- ME311: Engineering Fluid Mechanics
- ME203: Thermodynamics 1
- Laser Applications
- Renewable Energy and Harsh Environment
- Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics
- Microscale Transport
- Fluid Mechanics
- B.S. Yilbas, M.M. Shaukat, A.A. Afzal, F. Ashraf, Life cycle analysis for laser welding of alloys, Optics and Lasers Technology, Volume 126, 106064, 2020.
- B.S. Yilbas, G. Hassan, H. Al-Qahtani, S. Bahatab, A.Z. Sahin, A. Al-Sharafi, A. Abubakr, Dust removal from hydrophobic surface by rolling fizzy water droplet, RSC Advances, Vol. 10, pp. 19811 –19821, 2020.
- A. Al-Sharafi, B.S. Yilbas, A.Z. Sahin, H. Al-Qahtani, Heating enhancement of a droplet on a superhydrophobic surface, Scientific Reports, volume 10, Article number: 4594, 2020.
- B.S. Yilbas, G. Hassan, H. Al-Qahtani, N. Al-Aqeeli, A. Al-Sharafi, A.S. Al‐Merbati, N.T.Baroud, J.A.E. Adukwu, Stretchable hydrophobic surfaces and self-cleaning applications, Scientific Reports, Vol. 9, pp. 1-13, Article number: 14697, 2019
- B.S. Yilbas, A. Al-Sharafi, A.Z. Sahin, Solar energy harvesting and a water droplet cleaning of micro-post arrays surfaces, Int. J. of Energy Research, pp. 1–12, DOI: 10.1002/er.5063, 2019.
- B.S. Yilbas, R.S.M. Alassar, S.B. Mansoor, Ahmad Y. Al-Dweik, Microscale thermal energy
- transfer over a combined system of thin films: analytical approach, J. of Computational and Theoretical Transport, Vol.. 48, No. 3, pp. 89–108 2019.
- B.S. Yilbas, H. Ali, A. Al-Shehri, N. Al-Aqeeli, Droplet dynamics on a hydrophobic surface coated with n-octadecane phase change material Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Vol. 546, pp. 28-39, 2018.
- B. S. Yilbas, A. Ibrahim, H. Ali, M. Khaled, T. Laoui, Hydrophobic and optical characteristics of graphene and graphene oxide films transferred onto functionalized silica particles deposited glass surface, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 442, pp. 213-223, 2018.
- B.S. Yilbas, G. Hassan, A. Al-Sharafi, H. Ali, N. Al-Aqeeli, A. Al-Sarkhi, Water droplet dynamics on a hydrophobic surface in relation to the self-cleaning of environmental dust, Scientific Report, Vol. 14;8(1), paper No. 2984. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-21370-5, 2018.
- B.S. Yilbas, H. Ali, A. Al-Sharafi, N. Al-Aqeeli, N. Abu-Dheir, F. Al-Sulaiman, and M. Khaled, Characteristics of a solar selective absorber surface subjected to environmental dust in humid air ambient, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 172, pp. 186-194, 2017.
- B.S. Yilbas, M.R. Yousaf, A. Al-Sharafi, H. Ali, F. Al-Sulaiman, N. Abu-Dheir, M. Khaled and N. Al-Aqeeli, Silicone Oil Impregnated Nano Silica Modified Glass Surface and Influence of Environmental Dust Particles on Optical Transmittance, RSC Advances, Vol. 7, pp. 29762 – 29771, 2017.
- B.S. Yilbas, H. Ali, A. Al-Sharafi, N. Al-Aqeeli, Environmental Mud Adhesion on Optical Glass Surface: Effect of Mud Drying Temperature on Surface Properties, Solar Energy, Vol. 150, pp. 73-82, 2017.
- Yilbas B.S., Salhi B., Yousaf M.R., Al-Sulaiman F., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Surface characteristics of silicon nanowires/nanowalls subjected to octadecyltrichlorosilane deposition and n-octadecane coating, Scientific Reports, Vol. 6, p. 38678, 2016. doi:10.1038/srep38678
- Yilbas B.S., H. Ali, Influence of pin material configurations on thermoelectric generator performance, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 129, pp. 157-167, 2016.
- Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Khaled M., Abu-Dheir N., K.K. Varanasi, Solvent Induced Crystallization of a Polycarbonate Surface and Texture Copying by PDMS towards Improved Surface Hydrophobicity, J. of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 133(22), p. 43467, 2016.