PhD, PE (Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Alabama, USA).
Office Bldg-63 Room-309
Phone 966-13-860 2327
Fax 966-13-860 2949 (ME Dept)
Websites Personal Page
Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering), University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA.1985
M.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering), University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA. 1983.
M.Sc. Department of Optimization & Control, University of Hertfordshire, (The Hatfield Polytechnic), Hatfield, Herts, U.K. 1980.
B.Sc Aeronautical Engineering Department, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt. 1974.
- ME 201 Dynamics
- ME 309 Mechanics of Machines
- ME 413 System Dynamics & Control
- ME 428 Structure of Flight Vehicles
- ME 482 Mechanical Vibrations
- ME-484 Acoustics
- ME 541 Continuum Mechanics
- ME 542 Elasticity
- ME 562 Vibration Measurement & Analysis
- ME 558 Rotordynamics
- Dynamic modeling and analysis of multibody systems with interconnected rigid and elastic Components; Dynamic simulation of impact and intermittent motion; Vibrational response calculations using finite element modeling; FEM dynamic modal response analysis of rotating beams & shafts; Rotordynamics; Flow-induced Vibrations; and Active control of vibrations in flexible mechanical systems.
Areas of Expertise & Consulting
- Vibration Measurements & Analysis, Vibration monitoring, spectrum analysis & diagnostics of rotating machinery, Rotor balancing, Turbojet engines ground acceptance tests, Vehicle collision & crash accident diagnosis, Elevators & escalators performance tests, Acoustic measurements & sound level standards, Leak detection in Pipelines, Flow-induced Vibrations and Fluid Structure interaction.
- Oke, WA; Khulief, YA ;Vibration analysis of composite pipes using the finite element method with B-spline wavelets ;2016
- Khulief, YA; El-Gebeily, MA; Oke, WA; Ahmed, WH ; Modal frequencies of fiber-reinforced polymer pipes with wall-thinning using a wavelet-based finite element model ;2015
- Bashmal, S; Oke, WA; Khulief, Y ;Vibration analysis of an elastically restrained microcantilever beam under electrostatic loading using wavelet-based finite element method ;2015
- Khulief, YA; Oke, W; Mohiuddin, MA ; Modally Tuned Influence Coefficients for Low-Speed Balancing of Flexible Rotors ;2015
- Al-Gahtani, O; El-Gebeily, M; Khulief, Y ; Output-Only Identification of System Parameters from Noisy Measurements by Multiwavelet Denoising ;2014
- Khulief, YA; Bashmal, SA; Said, SA; Al-Otaibi, DA; Mansour, KM ; Prediction of Vibration-Induced Instability Due to Cross Flow in Heat Exchangers with Triangular Tube Arrays ;2014
- Honorary Member, Pi Tau Sigma, The Mechanical Engineering Honorary Fraternity, USA.
- Distinguished Visiting Scientist, Guidance & Control Software Group, NASA, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), Pasadena, CA, USA. A sabbatical leave Sept. 1997 to July 1998.