Fax 966-13-860 2949 (ME Dept)
Postdoctoral Mechanical & Industrial Engineering, University of Toronto, 2017-2020.
PhD Mechanical Engineering, McGill University, Canada, 2017.
MASc Mechanical Engineering, Concordia University, 2011.
- ME201: Dynamics
- ME309: Mechanics of Machines
- Nonlinear dynamics of rotors and elastic structures,
- Dynamics of floating wind turbines and offshore platforms
- Cable dynamics, fluid structure interactions
- Vehicle dynamics and control systems
Representative Journal Publications
- M. K. Al-Solihat, and K. Behdinan, "Effects of the nonlinear bearing stiffness and damping on the force transmissibility and frequency response of a flexible shaft-disk rotor system", International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 124, 2020.
- M. K. Al-Solihat, and K. Behdinan "Nonlinear dynamic response and transmissibility of a flexible rotor system mounted on viscoelastic elements", Nonlinear Dynamics, 97(2), 2019.
- M. K. Al-Solihat, M. Nahon, and K. Behdinan,"Dynamic modeling and simulation of a floating offshore wind turbine with consideration of the rotor speed variations", ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, 141(8), 2019.
- M. K. Al-Solihat, and M. Nahon, "Flexible multibody dynamic modeling of a floating wind turbine", International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 142–143, 2018.
- M. K. Al-Solihat, M. Nahon, and K. Behdinan "Three-dimensional nonlinear coupled dynamic modeling of a tip-loaded rotating cantilever", Journal of Vibration and Control, 24(22), 2018.
- M. K. Al-Solihat, M. Nahon and , "Nonlinear hydrostatic restoring of floating platforms", ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, 10(4), 2015.
- M. K. Al-Solihat, and M. Nahon, "Stiffness of slack and taut moorings", Ships and Offshore Structures, 11(8), 2016.
- M. K. Al-Solihat, S. Rakheja, and A.K.W Ahmed, "Influence of tire pressure on an urban bus transient and steady state handling performance", IMechE, Part D: J. Automobile Engineering, 224(D7), 2010.
- FQRNT Postdoctoral Fellowship [90, 000 $], 2017-2019
- McGill Engineering Doctoral Award (MEDA) [36, 000 $], 2011- 2014
- FQRNT Doctoral Scholarship [60, 000 $], 2011- 2014
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) (declined) [15, 000 $], 2011- 2012