Director, Center of Research Excellence in Corrosion
Office: Bldg 63-Room 150
Phone: +966- 13 -860- 7507/+966-13-860-7500
Fax: +966-13-860 -2949 (ME Dept)
- Ph.D., Materials Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 2014
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, 2008
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, 2005
- ME205: Materials Science
- ME 216 :Materials Science and Engineering
- MSE 502 : Thermodynanics of Materials
- ME 493 :Materials Selection in Mechanical Design
- K. Haruna, I.B. Obot, N.K. Ankah, A.A. Sorour, T.A. Saleh, Gelatin: A green corrosion inhibitor for carbon steel in oil well acidizing environment, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 264 (2018) 515–525.
- M. Soudani, M. Hadj Meliani, K. El-Miloudi, O. Bouledroua, C. Fares, M.A. Benghalia, Z. Azari, J. Capelle, A.A. Sorour, G. Pluvinage, Efficiency of Green Inhibitors Against Hydrogen Embrittlement on Mechanical Properties of Pipe Steel API 5L X52 in Hydrochloric Acid Medium, J. Bio- Tribo-Corrosion. 4 (2018) 36.
- M. Cullen, M. O'Sullivan, A.M. Kumar, A.A. Sorour, B. Duffy, M. Oubaha, The role of the hydrolysis and zirconium concentration on the structure and anticorrosion performances of a hybrid silicate sol-gel coating, J. Sol-Gel Sci. Technol. (2018) 1–15.
- M. O'Sullivan, N.A. Odewunmi, M. Cullen, A.A. Sorour, B. Duffy, Z.M. Gasem, et al., The Role of the Chelating Agent on the Structure and Anticorrosion Performances of an Organosilane—Zirconium Sol-Gel Coatings, Adv. Mater. Phys. Chem. 8 (2018) 89–104.
- D.S. Chauhan, K.R. Ansari, A.A. Sorour, M.A. Quraishi, H. Lgaz, R. Salghi, Thiosemicarbazide and thiocarbohydrazide functionalized chitosan as ecofriendly corrosion inhibitors for carbon steel in hydrochloric acid solution, Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 107 (2018) 1747–1757.
- R. K. Suleiman, T. A. Saleh, O. C. S. Al Hamouz, M. B. Ibrahim, A. A. Sorour, and B. El Ali, "Corrosion and fouling protection performance of biocide-embedded hybrid organosiloxane coatings on mild steel in a saline medium," Surface Coatings Technology, vol. 324, pp. 526–535, 2017.
- A.A. Sorour, R.R. Chromik, M. Brochu, Microstructure and densification of gas atomized Fe-Cr-B-based alloy powder consolidated by spark plasma sintering, Powder Metallurgy, v.58, n.1, 2015, pp. 20-29.
- A.A. Sorour, R.R. Chromik, R. Gauvin, I.H. Jung, M. Brochu,, Understanding the solidification and microstructure evolution during CSC-MIG welding of Fe-Cr-B-based alloy, Materials Characterization, v.86, 2013, pp. 127-138.
- A.A. Sorour, R.R. Chromik, M. Brochu, Tribology of a Fe-Cr-B-based alloy coating fabricated by a controlled short-circuit MIG welding process, Metallography, Microstructure, and Analysis, v.2, n.4, 2013, pp. 223-233.
- A.A. Sorour, H.W. Strauss, R.R. Chromik, M. Brochu, Microstructure and tribology of spark plasma sintered Fe-Cr-B metamorphic alloy powder, Tribology Letters, v.44, n.2, 2011, pp. 269-278.