Dear Training Student (Summer Training)
Welcome to the training program. Taking Summer training opens the door to the learning-by-doing environment.
The ME Department is expecting you to take advantage of this opportunity and to use it efficiently in learning and performing professionally and ethically. It is your opportunity to build your communication and technical skills by interacting with technical and administrative staff in the industry.
During the training, kindly remember that you represent KFUPM, your Department as well as yourself. Your professional and ethical performance will reflect on you and the University and could also affect the placement of future KFUPM students.
Please note the following to avoid registration problems:
- Finding a training opportunity is the responsibility of the student. In addition, follow Tadreeb website to see the updates of training opportunities.
- The Summer training can NOT be the last semester. You must plan to have at least one semester after the training.
- Pre-requisite core courses (for example ENGL 214) can NOT be waived based on petitions. A student must carefully plan his course registration - until graduation - to avoid delaying his training or taking an additional semester.
- To drop ME 399, you must fill out two forms: the “Postponement form” and “ST DropForm” , see the forms below.
The cumulative GPA should be greater than 2. ( If CGPA < 2 or MGPA < 2, a petition is required).
New (ME399) requirements:
- Completing ME204, ENGL214 and BUS200 (pre-requisite courses)
- A minimum of 65 credit hours. (earned hours)
Old (ME399) requirements:
- Completing ENGL214 (pre-requisite courses)
- A minimum of 65 credit hours (earned hours)
Here are the Forms (petitions, company evolutions, etc.) related to Summer training (updated 2022)
MS Word Form
Declaration for petition-2022.doc
International Training Form.docx
Training Opportunity Form.docx
Training Petition Form-v2.docx
Declaration for petition-2022.pdf
International Training Form.pdf
Training Opportunity Form.pdf
Training Petition Form-v2.pdf