Admissions in Physics graduate program are administered by the Deanship of Graduate Studies (DGS). Candidates who intend to enroll in graduate programs in physics at the KFUPM need to submit an online application available on the website of DGS. The online application is available only during the application periods according to the posted application deadlines . The admission in graduate program is open twice a year for the two semesters: The Fall Semester (usually starting in September) and the Spring Semester (usually starting in February).
Research Assistantship for Master students and Lectureship (Lecturer-B) for Ph.D. students are available for all outstanding graduate students who demonstrate exceptional qualifications and performance. Research Assistants and Lecturers-B are expected to spend up to 50% of their time supporting teaching and research activities of the University, with the other 50% devoted to their respective graduate programs.
Saudi graduate students with a GPA of 3.00 and above on a scale of 4.00 can be admitted as full-time MS or PhD students.
They receive the following benefits:
- Free tuition.
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- Free furnished air conditioned bachelor housing.
- Essential medical care.
- Free textbooks.
- Subsidized meals in the University cafeteria.
- A chance to participate along with the University faculty in the research and bookwriting projects funded by the University.
- A prepaid air passage for initial travel to Dammam at the start of the contract, and a return ticket after completion of the Degree (for RA and Lecturers-B).
Other benefits are also available in accordance with University policy.