- PhD, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mississippi State University, MS, USA, 2011
- MA, Econometrics(OR focus), Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey, 2006
- BSc, Industrial Engineering, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey, 2004
- ISE-201 Introduction to IE
- ISE-303 Operations Research I
- ISE-307 Engineering Economic Analysis
- ISE-323 Work and Process Improvements
- ISE-402 Production Systems and Inventory Control
- ISE-421 Operations Research II
- ISE-501 Deterministic Operations Research
- Discrete optimization
- Graph mining in bioinformatics, social networks, supply chain networks
- Mathematical programming
- Computational biology and social sciences
- Pirim, H., Ekşioğlu, B., Perkins A. D., "Clustering high throughput biological data with B-MST, a minimum spanning tree based heuristic", Computers in Biology and Medicine, 62, Pages 94-102, 1 July, 2015.
- Pirim, H., Al-Turki, O. and Yilbas B. S., Supply Chain Management and Optimization, Springer Briefs in Manufacturing and Surface Engineering, 2014.
- Pirim, H., “Finding Number of Clusters in a Gene Co-expression Network Using Independent Sets”, Proceedings of 2013 ASE/IEEE International Conference on BioMedical Computing, Washington D.C., USA.
- Pirim, H., Ekşioğlu, B., Perkins A. D., Yüceer, Ç., "Clustering of High Throughput Gene Expression Data", Computers and Operations Research, Volume 39, Issue 12, Pages 3046–3061, December 2012.
- Pirim, H., Gautam, D., Bhowmik, T., Perkins, A. D., Ekşioğlu, B. Alkan, A., “Performance of an Ensemble Clustering Algorithm on Biological Data Sets”, Mathematical and Computational Applications, Vol.16, No.1, pp. 87-96, 2011