- PhD, Operations Research, University of Texas, Austin, USA, 1982
Diploma, Statistics, University of Khartoum., Sudan, 1977
- B.Sc, Mathematics, University of Khartoum, Sudan, 1975
- ISE-205 Engineering Probability and Statistics
- ISE- 320 Quality Control & Industrial Statistics
- ISE-325 Engineering Statistics
- ISE-391 Industrial Engineering Design
- ISE-521 Non-linear Programming and Applications-1
- ISE-529 Advanced Maintenance Planning and Control
- ISE-534 Advanced Quality Control
- Mathematical modeling
- Operations research
- Optimization of quality systems
- Maintenance engineering and management
1. S.O. Duffuaa and A. Raouf, Maintenance Planning and Control Modeling and Analysis, 2nd Edition, Springer, 2015.
2. 2. S. O. Duffuaa, U.M. Al-Turki and A. Kolus "A Process Targeting Model for A Product with Two Dependent Using 100% Inspection", International Journal of Production Research (IJPR) Vol. 47, No. 4, February, 2009, pp: 1039-1053. (ISI).
3. S. O. Duffuaa, U.M. Al-Turki and A. Kolus " A Process Targeting Model for A Product with Two Dependent Using Acceptance Sampling Plans", International Journal of Production Research (IJPR) Vol. 47, No. 14, July 2009,pp 4031-4046. (ISI).
4. Darwish, M. A., S.O. Duffuaa, “A Mathematical Model for the Joint Determination of Optimal Process and Sampling Plan Parameters”, Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, 16(2), 2010, pp.181-189.
5. 5. H.K. Alfares, U.M. Al-Turki, S.O. Duffuaa, “Developing an outcome-based industrial & sstems engineering program”, International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management Systems,Vol. 9, No.1, pp. 60-68., 2010.
6. Mujahid A. N., S.O. Duffuaa, “Determining Optimal Targets for Multi-characteristic Product using Fuzzy Logic and Taguchi Type Loss Function”, International Journal of Operational Research, 10(1), pp.41-59.
7. S. O, Duffuaa, C. A. Fedjki, “General Forms of the Quadratic Assignment Problem”, International Journal of Operational Research (IJOR), Vo. 13, No. 2, January 2012 , pp. 185-199.
8. M. E. Seliaman and S. O. Duffuaa “The Principle of Mathematical Induction Applied to the Generalized Model for the Economic Design of X-Control Charts” Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol.2(4), December 2012, pp.236-240. (ISI).
9. S. O. Duffuaa and A. A. El-Gaaly, “A Multi-objective Optimization Model for Process Targeting Using Sampling Plans”, Computers and Industrial Engineering, Vol.64 (), Jan, 2013, pp. 309-317.(ISI).9. M. Al-10.Drugam and S. O. Duffuaa, “Optimal joint maintenance and operation policies to maximize overall systems effectiveness (OSE)”, International Journal of Production Research (IJPR), Vol., 51, issue 5, 2013, pp. 1319-1330. (ISI).
10. S. O. Duffuaa and A. A. El-Gaaly, “A Multi-objective Optimization Model for Process Targeting Using 100% Percent Inspection Policy”, Applied Mathematical Modeling Vol. 37, Issue 3, February, 2013, pp. 1545-1552. (ISI).
11. S. O. Duffuaa And A. A. El-Gaaly, “Impact Of Inspection Errors On The Formulation Of A Multi-Objective Optimization Process Targeting Model Under Inspection Sampling Plan” Computers And Industrial Engineering, Vol. 80, February 2015, Pp. 254–260
12. H. Alfares, S. O. Duffuaa “Simulation-based evaluation of criteria rank-weighting methods in multi-criteria decision making” International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making, Accepted.
- Won the Excellence in Research Award for the years 1988, 1991 and 1998. This is the maximum number of times a faculty member can win this prize.
- Won the Excellence in Teaching Award years 1997, 2003 and 2010 and. This is the maximum number of times a faculty member can win this prize.
- Our Journal the Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering which I am editing since 1994, won the prize for originality and research implications twice. award at King Fahd University of petroleum and Minerals three times for the years 1988, 1991 and 1998. This is the maximum number of times a faculty member can win this prize.