The International Advisory Board (IAB) of King Fahd
University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM) concluded its 17th meeting on 9TH
February 2015. The meeting which lasts for two-days, attended by members of the
board who are elite of local and international dignitaries in the academic and
The meeting agenda included four key topics: Research Institute, the development
plan of the College of Industrial Management, Fund to support research and
educational programs « KFUPM Endowment », and the College of Petroleum and Earth
Sciences established by the university in partnership with Saudi Aramco in order
to be one of the top five colleges in the world in its field.
It is noteworthy that IAB, which was established by the university with the
royal approval in May 2006, meets twice a year. Meeting's agenda is prepared and
its recommendations been followed-up during the year through a higher committee
chaired by the Rector and representatives from KFUPM academic, research,
administrative and technical sectors.
KFUPM IAB – whom comprise of local and international dignitaries in academia and
industry - aim to provide specialist consultation that contributed to help the
university to promote openness to other counterpart international universities
and to develop effective partnerships with them. IAB works as a high-level
advisory body aims to introduce a global strategic perspective to the
university's performance in academic and research, promote innovation and
development efforts in these areas, achieve competitive excellence at the global
level, and gain specialist advice for future trends.
KFUPM IAB Members:
• Dr. Martin Jischke, Chairman International Advisory Board, President Emeritus,
Purdue University, Indiana, U.S.A.
• Eng. Khalid A. Al-Falih, President and CEO Saudi Arabian Oil Company, KSA.
• Eng. Mohamed H. Al-Mady, Vice Chairman and CEO, Saudi Basic Industries
Corporation (SABIC), KSA
• Dr. Khaled S. Al-Sultan, Rector, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals,
• Eng. Olivier Appert, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Institut Francais
du Petrole (IFP), France.
• Mr. John Rice, Vice Chairman, General Electric- President and CEO of GE
Technology Infrastructure, U.S.A.
• Dr. Hugo Sonnenschein, President Emeritus and Adam Smith, Distinguished
Service Professor, University of Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
• Dr. Nam Pyo Suh, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST),
• Mr. Joe Saddi, Chairman Booz & Company, U.S.A.
• Dr. George P. "Bud" Peterson, President Georgia Institute of Technology,