The telecommunication Research laboratory (TRL) at KFUPM was established to promote interaction between the university and industry in telecommunications. The primary aim of the TRL is to research and develop systems and subsystems in all areas of telecommunications. The technical staff of the TRL will assist the Saudi telecommunication industry by providing consultancy services related to technology evaluation, research into new applications, development of prototypes, and evaluation.
The TRL will play a vital role in strengthening collaboration between academia and industry. Such collaboration will strengthen teaching and research at KFUPM. Huawei Technologies is currently in collaboration with TRL and they have donated an eLTE solution for 4G networks to the lab.
1. Spectrum management.
2. Studies on the trends in technologies and new applications.
3. Studies on radio coverage in cellular systems, interference analysis and cell locations.
4. Traffic studies and telecommunications network planning.
5. Design and development of custom-made telecommunication subsystems specified by industry, design of modems and base station equipment.
6. Evaluation of QoS in telecommunication networks -fixed or mobile.
7. Wireless internet and applications.
1-Dr. Ali Hussein Muqaibel
2-Dr. Azzedine Zerguine
3-Dr. Maan Kousa
4-Dr. Saad Al-Ahmadi
5-Dr. Wajih A. Abu Al-Saud