|Professor, & Chairman
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, 1991, ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY, USA
- MS, Industrial Engineering, 1984, UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH, USA
- BS, Electrical & Computer Engineering, 1982 UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, Santa Barbara, USA
- PYP 003 University Study Skills
- ISE 100 Introduction to Technology
- ISE 201 Introduction to Industrial Systems Engineering
- CISE 301 Numerical Methods
- ISE 303 Operations Research I
- ISE 305 Optimization methods
- ISE 307 Engineering Economic Analysis
- ISE 325 Engineering Statistics
- ISE 390 Seminars
- ISE 391 Industrial Engineering Design
- ISE 402 Production Systems and Inventory Control
- ISE 421 Operations Research II
- ISE 443 Human Factors Engineering
- ISE 447 Decision Making
- ISE 501 Introduction to Operations Research Models and Applications
- ISE 503 Linear Programming and Applications
- ISE 508 Advanced Production Systems and Inventory Control
- ISE 527 Advanced Decision Making
- SCM 520 Materials and Production Management
- SCM 540 IT & Supply Chain Management
- SCM 572 Customer Relationship Management
- SCM 600 Integrative Project
- SEN 525 Deterministic Operations Research
- Operations Research,
- Engineering Management,
- Project & Manpower Scheduling
- H. K. Alfares, U.S. Patent title: “Cyclic combinatorial method and system”, Patent Number U.S. 8,046,316 B2. Issued by the US Patents and Trademarks Office. Patent Date: 25 October 2011.
- H. K. Alfares, “Method and system for optimum cyclic scheduling”, USPTO application number 16/265298. Publication date: 6 August 2020.
- A. Abu Elkhail, U. Baroudi, H. Alfares, System and method for hierarchical clustering of wireless mobile network, USPTO application number 16/586019. Publication date: 2 July 2020.
- H.K. Alfares, A.R. Afzal, An economic order quantity model for growing items with imperfect quality and shortages, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, published online: 3 Jan. 2021.
- U. Baroudi, A. Abu Elkhail, H. Alfares, Bi-level hierarchical clustering for optimum wireless tracking systems, Wireless Networks, Vol. 26, No. 2, Feb. 2020, 1227-1242.
- H.K. Alfares, A. Abu Elkhail, U. Baroudi, Iterative clustering for energy-efficient large-scale tracking systems, Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 110, No. 2, Jan. 2020, 713-733.
- H. Alfares, A. Alzahrani, Workforce scheduling for multiple security gates, INFOR: Information Systems and Operational Research, Vol. 58, No. 3, July 2020, 438-455.
- H.K. Alfares, O.G. Alsawafy, A least-loss algorithm for a bi-objective one-dimensional cutting-stock problem, International Journal of Applied Industrial Engineering, vol. 6, no. 2, July 2019, 1-19
- H.K. Alfares, K.G. Mutry, A.A. Al-Saati, Clustering Models in Offshore Drilling for Crude Oil and Natural Gas, Industrial Engineering & Management Systems, Vol 18, No 1, March 2019, pp.104-116.
- H.K. Alfares, A.M. Ghaithan, Production-inventory models with variable holding cost: state-of-the-art review, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, March 2019, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp 1737–1755.
- H.K. Alfares, Rio Turnadi, Lot sizing and supplier selection with multiple items, multiple periods, quantity discounts, and backordering, Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 116, February 2018, Pages 59–71.
- H.K. Alfares, A.M. Attia, A supply chain model with vendor-managed inventory, consignment, and quality inspection errors, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 55, No. 19, 26 May 2017, 5706-5727.
- M.A. Mrad, H.K. Alfares, Optimum multi-period, multi-plant, and multi-supplier production planning for multi-grade petrochemicals, International Journal of Industrial Engineering – Theory, Applications, & Practice, Vol. 23, No. 6, 2016, 399-411.